There is a way for not-so-famous writers to boost their Author Ranking. This is a standard online promotion system used by major companies all around the world.
Follow these simple steps and you will surely take your Author Ranking out of the lonely backwoods pages of America's Next Author.
1. Grab the URL of your Author profile.
2. Post your URL in every social media outlet, forum, and website that you're a part of. Actively engage in forum discussions and always include your URL in your signature.
3. Include your URL in your email signature.
4. Bookmark your Author Page in places such as StubleUpon, Digg, Reddit, Pinterest, etc.
5. Ask a blog to do a write up about you or your story.
6. Create a press release and submit it to press release websites (many are free!)
Lastly, don't beg your friends and family to visit your Author Page -- spamming your friends and followers will only irritate them. But do follow this standard promotional procedure to create links and traffic to your Author Page, and you should soon see positive results.