Antiques & Collectibles: Jewelry eBooks
Jewelry is a form of personal adornment, such as brooches, rings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Jewellery normally differs from other items of personal adornment in that it has no other purpose than to look appealing, but humans have been producing and wearing it for a long time – with 100,000-year-old beads made from Nassarius shells thought to be the oldest known jewellery.
Jewellery may be made from a wide range of materials, but gemstones, precious metals, beads and shells have been widely used. Depending on the culture and times jewellery may be appreciated as a status symbol, for its material properties, its patterns, or for meaningful symbols.
The word jewellery itself is derived from the word jewel, which was anglicized from the Old French "jouel", and beyond that, to the Latin word "jocale", meaning plaything.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- Wireless Network Administration A Beginner's Guide
- "They Say / I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (Third Edition)
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- The Sacred Journey: You and Your Higher Self
- Thinner Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Female Body
- Nasreen's Secret School: A True Story from Afghanistan
- The Female Man
- The New Case for Gold
- The Flivver King: The Story of Ford-America
- Gravity Dreams