Antiques & Collectibles: Jewelry eBooks
Jewelry is a form of personal adornment, such as brooches, rings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Jewellery normally differs from other items of personal adornment in that it has no other purpose than to look appealing, but humans have been producing and wearing it for a long time – with 100,000-year-old beads made from Nassarius shells thought to be the oldest known jewellery.
Jewellery may be made from a wide range of materials, but gemstones, precious metals, beads and shells have been widely used. Depending on the culture and times jewellery may be appreciated as a status symbol, for its material properties, its patterns, or for meaningful symbols.
The word jewellery itself is derived from the word jewel, which was anglicized from the Old French "jouel", and beyond that, to the Latin word "jocale", meaning plaything.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- Thank You for Being Late: An Optimist's Guide to Thriving in the Age of Accelerations
- The Human Magnet Syndrome: Why We Love People Who Hurt Us
- Patrick Marber's Closer
- Murambi, The Book of Bones
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- The Ultimate Food Allergy Cookbook and Survival Guide: How to Cook with Ease for Food Allergies and Recover Good Health
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss: Control Your Body Chemistry, Reduce Inflammation and Improve Your Health
- Managing for Stakeholders:Survival, Reputation, and Success
- The Templeton Plan
- Only Yesterday