Antiques & Collectibles: Jewelry eBooks
Jewelry is a form of personal adornment, such as brooches, rings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Jewellery normally differs from other items of personal adornment in that it has no other purpose than to look appealing, but humans have been producing and wearing it for a long time – with 100,000-year-old beads made from Nassarius shells thought to be the oldest known jewellery.
Jewellery may be made from a wide range of materials, but gemstones, precious metals, beads and shells have been widely used. Depending on the culture and times jewellery may be appreciated as a status symbol, for its material properties, its patterns, or for meaningful symbols.
The word jewellery itself is derived from the word jewel, which was anglicized from the Old French "jouel", and beyond that, to the Latin word "jocale", meaning plaything.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- The Shred Power Cleanse: Eat Clean. Get Lean. Burn Fat.
- "They Say / I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (Third Edition)
- Strategic Marketing Management, 8th Edition
- Abdominal Ultrasound: Step by Step
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- Language, Culture, and Society: An Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology
- The Real World (Fourth Edition)
- The Piano Guys - Wonders Songbook
- Earth: Portrait of a Planet (Fifth Edition)
- Student learning outcomes assessment in college foreign language programs