Antiques & Collectibles: Jewelry eBooks
Jewelry is a form of personal adornment, such as brooches, rings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Jewellery normally differs from other items of personal adornment in that it has no other purpose than to look appealing, but humans have been producing and wearing it for a long time – with 100,000-year-old beads made from Nassarius shells thought to be the oldest known jewellery.
Jewellery may be made from a wide range of materials, but gemstones, precious metals, beads and shells have been widely used. Depending on the culture and times jewellery may be appreciated as a status symbol, for its material properties, its patterns, or for meaningful symbols.
The word jewellery itself is derived from the word jewel, which was anglicized from the Old French "jouel", and beyond that, to the Latin word "jocale", meaning plaything.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- Career Mapping
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Correlations and Clinical Scenarios
- General Surgery: Correlations and Clinical Scenarios
- The NuWave Oven Cookbook: 101 Delicious Recipes for the Countertop Connoisseur
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 3, Fourth Edition
- Pediatrics Correlations and Clinical Scenarios
- Master the Boards USMLE Step 3
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Agora: Ancient Greek and Roman Humour - 2nd Edition: Agora Harder!
- The Future of Higher Education
- The Female Man