Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Art
- Michelangelo: A Life in Six Masterpieces
- Authentic Art Deco Jewelry Designs
- Keith Haring Journals
- Anatomy 101: Christopher Hart's Draw Manga Now!
- The DC Comics Guide to Digitally Drawing Comics
- How to Play Piano Quick
- To Life!: Eco Art in Pursuit of a Sustainable Planet
- Banksy: The Man Behind the Wall
- Comic & Fantasy Artist's Photo Reference