Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Art
- Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Faces
- Let's Draw Manga - Bodies and Emotion
- Art in History, 600 BC - 2000 AD: Ideas in Profile
- Urban Sketching Handbook: Architecture and Cityscapes: Tips and Techniques for Drawing on Location
- You Can Draw Cartoons
- The Brick Bible: The New Testament: A New Spin on the Story of Jesus
- Rig it Right! Maya Animation Rigging Concepts
- Basic Anatomy for the Manga Artist
- Manga for the Beginner Shoujo
- Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies