Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- Eat Wheat: A Scientific and Clinically-Proven Approach to Safely Bringing Wheat and Dairy Back into your Diet
- The Female Man
- Wireless Network Administration A Beginner's Guide
- Food and Nutrition: Food and health systems in Australia and New Zealand
- 2016 / 2017 ASVAB For Dummies
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- The Ultimate Food Allergy Cookbook and Survival Guide: How to Cook with Ease for Food Allergies and Recover Good Health
- "They Say / I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (Third Edition)
- The Sugar Glider