Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- Career Mapping
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Agora: Ancient Greek and Roman Humour - 2nd Edition: Agora Harder!
- The Seas
- It's Ramadan, Curious George
- ACT Science Prep Course: Six Full-length Tests!
- "They Say / I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (Third Edition)
- Four Things Women Want from a Man
- Face to Face With Fear: How to Transform Fear Into Love
- I Need A Day to Pray
- The Ultimate Food Allergy Cookbook and Survival Guide: How to Cook with Ease for Food Allergies and Recover Good Health