Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- Juliana Jewelry Reference, DeLizza & Elster
- Gluten-Free Without Rice: Easy Cooking for Variety on a Gluten-Free Diet
- The Pocket Guide to Critical Thinking Fourth Edition
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss: Control Your Body Chemistry, Reduce Inflammation and Improve Your Health
- The New Rules of Attraction
- The Kolbrin Bible: 21st Century Master Edition
- Ask Questions, Get Sales: Close The Deal And Create Long-Term Relationships
- Lake Michigan Rock Picker's Guide
- Think and Grow Rich (Original Unabridged Version)