Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Art
- Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Faces
- Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies
- American Tribal Style® Classic: Volume 1
- A Tractate on Japanese Aesthetics
- The Roots of Romanticism (Second Edition)
- You Can Draw!: Volume 1: Pencil and Charcoal Portraits
- Drawing People: How to Portray Clothed Figures
- How to Paint Living Portraits
- Modern Art Desserts: Recipes for Cakes, Cookies, Confections, and Frozen Treats Based on Iconic Works of Art
- The Hare with Amber Eyes