Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- Pep Confidential: Inside Pep Guardiola's First Season at Bayern Munich
- The Simple Heart Cure: The 90-Day Program to Stop and Reverse Heart Disease
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- The Symbol
- Systematic Sequential Phonics They Use, Grades 1 - 5: For Beginning Readers of All Ages
- The BRMP® Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge
- Cure Tooth Decay: Remineralize Cavities and Repair Your Teeth Naturally with Good Food [Second Edition]
- In Your Dreams
- The Real World (Fourth Edition)
- "They Say / I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (Third Edition)