Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- "They Say / I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (Third Edition)
- Our Origins: Discovering Physical Anthropology (Third Edition)
- First Day Jitters
- Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body
- Monday Morning Leadership
- Orthomolecular Medicine for Everyone
- The Architecture Reference & Specification Book: Everything Architects Need to Know Every Day
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting a Food Truck Business