Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- Russian Style of Hand-to-Hand Combat
- The Ultimate Food Allergy Cookbook and Survival Guide: How to Cook with Ease for Food Allergies and Recover Good Health
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- Convict Conditioning
- Getting the Barakah: An Islamic Guide to Time Management
- Juliana Jewelry Reference, DeLizza & Elster
- Engineering Analysis With NX Advanced Simulation
- "They Say / I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (Third Edition)
- Introduction to Water in California
- The Eden Diet Workbook e-version