Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Art
- Education Dilemma in Malaysia: Past, Present and Future
- Drawing Cutting Edge Anatomy: The Ultimate Reference Guide for Comic Book Artists
- Cinema Raw: Shooting and Color Grading with the Ikonoskop, Digital Bolex, and Blackmagic Cinema Cameras
- Maori Tattooing
- A People's Art History of the United States: 250 Years of Activist Art and Artists Working in Social Justice Movements
- The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets
- Beautiful Old Dogs: A Loving Tribute to Our Senior Best Friends
- 9.5 Theses on Art and Class
- Paths Toward Utopia: Graphic Explorations of Everyday Anarchism
- To Life!: Eco Art in Pursuit of a Sustainable Planet