Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- Out of the Devils Cauldron
- Systematic Sequential Phonics They Use, Grades 1 - 5: For Beginning Readers of All Ages
- e-Study Guide for: Strategic and Tactical Considerations on the Fireground by James P. Smith, ISBN 9780132229012
- Cluttering: Current Views on its Nature, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- An Introduction to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Second Edition
- The Ultimate Food Allergy Cookbook and Survival Guide: How to Cook with Ease for Food Allergies and Recover Good Health
- Film Directing: Shot by Shot
- Street Level Narcotics: A Patrolman's Guide To Working Street Level Dope
- Glaucus atlanticus - Unabridged Guide