Art: History - General eBooks
Art history is the academic study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts, i.e. genre, design, format, and style. This includes the "major" arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture as well as the "minor" arts of ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
As a term, art history encompasses several methods of studying the visual arts; in common usage referring to works of art and architecture. Aspects of the discipline overlap. As the art historian Ernst Gombrich once observed, "the field of art history [is] much like Caesar's Gaul, divided in three parts inhabited by three different, though not necessarily hostile tribes: (i) the connoisseurs, (ii) the critics, and (iii) the academic art historians".
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Art
- FTCE Art Sample Test K-12
- Wear Your Dreams: My Life in Tattoos
- Draw 50 Famous Cartoons
- Plants: 2,400 Royalty-Free Illustrations of Flowers, Trees, Fruits and Vegetables
- Top Ten Essentials: Christopher Hart's Draw Manga Now!
- Draw 50 Sharks, Whales, and Other Sea Creatures
- Pop Manga: How to Draw the Coolest, Cutest Characters, Animals, Mascots, and More
- Draw 50 Baby Animals
- Draw 50 Animals
- Things Chinese: Antiques, Crafts, Collectibles