Biography & Autobiography: Personal Memoirs eBooks
Personal memoirs are structured differently from formal autobiographies which tend to encompass the writer's entire life span, focusing on the development of his or her personality. The chronological scope of a memoir is determined by the work's context and is therefore more focused and flexible than the traditional arc of birth to old age as found in an autobiography.
Memoirs tended to be written by politicians or people in court society, later joined by military leaders and businessmen, and often dealt exclusively with the writer's careers rather than their private life. Historically, memoirs have dealt with public matters, rather than personal. Like most autobiographies, memoirs are generally written from the first person point of view.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Biography & Autobiography
- Redefining Realness: My Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love & So Much More
- The Silver Lining: A Supportive and Insightful Guide to Breast Cancer
- The Secret to Success
- The Story of JUDE
- Crazy Town: The Rob Ford Story
- Woodrow Wilson
- The Simon Baker Handbook - Everything you need to know about Simon Baker
- For This Child We Prayed: Living with the Secret Shame of Infertility
- WHITE LIGHT/WHITE HEAT THE VELVET UNDERGROUND DAY BY DAY
- Respect and Reputation: On the Doors, in Prison and in Life