Biography & Autobiography: Personal Memoirs eBooks
Personal memoirs are structured differently from formal autobiographies which tend to encompass the writer's entire life span, focusing on the development of his or her personality. The chronological scope of a memoir is determined by the work's context and is therefore more focused and flexible than the traditional arc of birth to old age as found in an autobiography.
Memoirs tended to be written by politicians or people in court society, later joined by military leaders and businessmen, and often dealt exclusively with the writer's careers rather than their private life. Historically, memoirs have dealt with public matters, rather than personal. Like most autobiographies, memoirs are generally written from the first person point of view.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Biography & Autobiography
- House of Darkness House of Light: The True Story Volume Two
- The Secret to Success
- The Road Through Wonderland: Surviving John Holmes
- American Top 40 with Casey Kasem (The 1980s)
- Sittin' on the Dock
- Lieutenant Nun: Memoir of a Basque Transvestite in the New World
- Incest: From "A Journal of Love" -The Unexpurgated Diary of Anais Nin (1932-1934)
- Narrow Margins
- Fire: From "A Journal of Love" The Unexpurgated Diary of Anais Nin, 1934-1938