Biography & Autobiography: Personal Memoirs eBooks
Personal memoirs are structured differently from formal autobiographies which tend to encompass the writer's entire life span, focusing on the development of his or her personality. The chronological scope of a memoir is determined by the work's context and is therefore more focused and flexible than the traditional arc of birth to old age as found in an autobiography.
Memoirs tended to be written by politicians or people in court society, later joined by military leaders and businessmen, and often dealt exclusively with the writer's careers rather than their private life. Historically, memoirs have dealt with public matters, rather than personal. Like most autobiographies, memoirs are generally written from the first person point of view.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Biography & Autobiography
- A Conflict of Interest
- Undisputed Truth
- House of Darkness House of Light: The True Story Volume One
- Raising Randy: A Compelling Story of Surviving Child Abuse, Neglect, Alcoholism, and a Dysfunctional Family
- Colleen Stan: The Simple Gifts of Life: Dubbed by the Media "The Girl in the Box" and "The Sex Slave"
- Dear Giuseppe
- Unfinished Business
- Love in a Torn Land: Joanna of Kurdistan: The True Story of a Freedom Fighter's Escape from Iraqi Vengeance
- Wedding Song: Memoirs of an Iranian Jewish Woman
- The Journal of Best Practices