Biography & Autobiography: Personal Memoirs eBooks
Personal memoirs are structured differently from formal autobiographies which tend to encompass the writer's entire life span, focusing on the development of his or her personality. The chronological scope of a memoir is determined by the work's context and is therefore more focused and flexible than the traditional arc of birth to old age as found in an autobiography.
Memoirs tended to be written by politicians or people in court society, later joined by military leaders and businessmen, and often dealt exclusively with the writer's careers rather than their private life. Historically, memoirs have dealt with public matters, rather than personal. Like most autobiographies, memoirs are generally written from the first person point of view.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Biography & Autobiography
- Out of the Devils Cauldron
- The Politics of Rage: George Wallace, the Origins of the New Conservatism and the Transformation of American Politics
- Heartbreak and Rage: Ten Years Under Sun Myung Moon
- M: the Caravaggio enigma
- Jean-Claude Van Damme 223 Success Facts - Everything you need to know about Jean-Claude Van Damme
- Gaz (And my Parsnip) - The Autobiography of Geordie Shore's Ultimate Lad
- Eric Bristow: The Autobiography: The Crafty Cockney
- An Italian Education
- Borstal Boy
- Criminal Minds