Biography & Autobiography: Personal Memoirs eBooks
Personal memoirs are structured differently from formal autobiographies which tend to encompass the writer's entire life span, focusing on the development of his or her personality. The chronological scope of a memoir is determined by the work's context and is therefore more focused and flexible than the traditional arc of birth to old age as found in an autobiography.
Memoirs tended to be written by politicians or people in court society, later joined by military leaders and businessmen, and often dealt exclusively with the writer's careers rather than their private life. Historically, memoirs have dealt with public matters, rather than personal. Like most autobiographies, memoirs are generally written from the first person point of view.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Biography & Autobiography
- Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again
- Out of the Devils Cauldron
- Seeing Things... Predicting Results
- Strong Looks Better Naked
- Jenni Vive: Unforgettable Baby! (Bilingual Edition): A Life in Pictures-Su vida en fotos
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- I Am Providence: The Life and Times of H. P. Lovecraft
- Why Should White Guys Have All the Fun?: How Reginald Lewis Created a Billion-Dollar Business Empire
- A Very Easy Death
- Black Fire