Biography & Autobiography: Personal Memoirs eBooks
Personal memoirs are structured differently from formal autobiographies which tend to encompass the writer's entire life span, focusing on the development of his or her personality. The chronological scope of a memoir is determined by the work's context and is therefore more focused and flexible than the traditional arc of birth to old age as found in an autobiography.
Memoirs tended to be written by politicians or people in court society, later joined by military leaders and businessmen, and often dealt exclusively with the writer's careers rather than their private life. Historically, memoirs have dealt with public matters, rather than personal. Like most autobiographies, memoirs are generally written from the first person point of view.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Biography & Autobiography
- Cats in the Belfry
- Donkey Work
- Pope Francis in His Own Words
- The Celine Dion Handbook - Everything you need to know about Celine Dion
- The Kathryn Bigelow Handbook - Everything you need to know about Kathryn Bigelow
- The Avril Lavigne Handbook - Everything you need to know about Avril Lavigne
- There's a baby in my bed! :Learning to live happily with the Adult Baby in your relationship.
- Lost in America
- Strings Attached: The Life and Music of John Williams