Biography & Autobiography: Personal Memoirs eBooks
Personal memoirs are structured differently from formal autobiographies which tend to encompass the writer's entire life span, focusing on the development of his or her personality. The chronological scope of a memoir is determined by the work's context and is therefore more focused and flexible than the traditional arc of birth to old age as found in an autobiography.
Memoirs tended to be written by politicians or people in court society, later joined by military leaders and businessmen, and often dealt exclusively with the writer's careers rather than their private life. Historically, memoirs have dealt with public matters, rather than personal. Like most autobiographies, memoirs are generally written from the first person point of view.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Biography & Autobiography
- The Ariana Grande Handbook - Everything you need to know about Ariana Grande
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder
- The Debby Ryan Handbook - Everything you need to know about Debby Ryan
- Once Upon a Time and Stories from Around the World
- PTSD My Story, Please Listen!: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Justice for Chad: a mother's non-fiction story of deception and murder
- I Would Die 4 U: Why Prince Became an Icon
- Elizabeth Blackwell: First Woman M.D.
- Stealing Buddha's Dinner
- Alice: Alice Roosevelt Longworth, from White House Princess to Washington Power Broker