Biography & Autobiography: Personal Memoirs eBooks
Personal memoirs are structured differently from formal autobiographies which tend to encompass the writer's entire life span, focusing on the development of his or her personality. The chronological scope of a memoir is determined by the work's context and is therefore more focused and flexible than the traditional arc of birth to old age as found in an autobiography.
Memoirs tended to be written by politicians or people in court society, later joined by military leaders and businessmen, and often dealt exclusively with the writer's careers rather than their private life. Historically, memoirs have dealt with public matters, rather than personal. Like most autobiographies, memoirs are generally written from the first person point of view.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Biography & Autobiography
- Pilgrim's Wilderness: A True Story of Faith and Madness on the Alaska Frontier
- Marching Powder
- Mrs. Queen's Chump: Idi Amin, the Mau Mau, Communists, and Other Silly Follies of the British Empire - A Military Memoir
- Cereal Tycoon: Harry Parsons Crowell Founder of the Quaker Oats Co.
- Zero Days: The Real Life Adventure of Captain Bligh, Nellie Bly, and 10-year-old Scrambler on the Pacific Crest
- The Last Mughal
- Trauma Junkie: Memoirs of an Emergency Flight Nurse
- Chuck Klosterman IV
- The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano
- Daniel Day-Lewis - The Biography