Cooking is the process of preparing food by use of heat. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions. Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans, and some scientists believe the advent of cooking played an important role in human evolution. Most anthropologists believe that cooking fires first developed around 250,000 years ago.
The development of agriculture, commerce and transportation between civilizations in different regions offered cooks many new ingredients. Cooks themselves vary widely in skill and training. New inventions and technologies, such as pottery for holding and boiling water, expanded cooking techniques.
Cookbooks have been available for hundreds of years, and contain recipes for the preparation of different foods. You can now get cookbooks in eBook format, which are great for mobile reference.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Cooking
- Sauces reflexions of a chef
- The Negative Calorie Diet: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 10 Days with 10 All You Can Eat Foods
- Easy Breadmaking for Special Diets, Third Edition
- Gluten-Free Without Rice: Easy Cooking for Variety on a Gluten-Free Diet
- American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
- Food and Nutrition: Food and health systems in Australia and New Zealand
- Horseradish Greats: Delicious Horseradish Recipes, The Top 100 Horseradish Recipes
- Thomas Jefferson's Creme Brulee
- Mr. Food Test Kitchen Quick & Easy Comfort Cookbook: More Than 150 Mouthwatering Recipes
- Diabetic Living The Ultimate Diabetes Cookbook: More than 400 Healthy, Delicious Recipes