Cooking is the process of preparing food by use of heat. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions. Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans, and some scientists believe the advent of cooking played an important role in human evolution. Most anthropologists believe that cooking fires first developed around 250,000 years ago.
The development of agriculture, commerce and transportation between civilizations in different regions offered cooks many new ingredients. Cooks themselves vary widely in skill and training. New inventions and technologies, such as pottery for holding and boiling water, expanded cooking techniques.
Cookbooks have been available for hundreds of years, and contain recipes for the preparation of different foods. You can now get cookbooks in eBook format, which are great for mobile reference.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Cooking
- Gluten-Free Without Rice: Easy Cooking for Variety on a Gluten-Free Diet
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss: Control Your Body Chemistry, Reduce Inflammation and Improve Your Health
- The Low Dose Immunotherapy Handbook: Recipes and Lifestyle Advice for Patients on LDA and EPD Treatment
- Paula Deen Cuts the Fat: 250 Favorite Recipes ALL Lightened up
- Sweetie Pie's Cookbook: Soulful Southern Recipes, from My Family to Yours
- Bartender's Guide
- Going Vintage
- Brunch at Bobby's: 140 Recipes for the Best Part of the Weekend
- Cider, Hard and Sweet: History, Traditions, and Making Your Own
- Modern Pioneering: More Than 150 Recipes, Projects, and Skills for a Self-Sufficient Life