Cooking is the process of preparing food by use of heat. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions. Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans, and some scientists believe the advent of cooking played an important role in human evolution. Most anthropologists believe that cooking fires first developed around 250,000 years ago.
The development of agriculture, commerce and transportation between civilizations in different regions offered cooks many new ingredients. Cooks themselves vary widely in skill and training. New inventions and technologies, such as pottery for holding and boiling water, expanded cooking techniques.
Cookbooks have been available for hundreds of years, and contain recipes for the preparation of different foods. You can now get cookbooks in eBook format, which are great for mobile reference.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Cooking
- The Ultimate Food Allergy Cookbook and Survival Guide: How to Cook with Ease for Food Allergies and Recover Good Health
- 500 15-Minute Low Sodium Recipes: Fast and Flavorful Low-Salt Recipes that Save You Time, Keep You on Track, and Taste Delicious
- Fifty Shades of Chicken: A Parody in a Cookbook
- The Paleo Diet Cookbook
- Food Trucks
- Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook
- Artisan Cheese Making at Home
- Making Artisan Cheese
- Flavors of India for Tasty Palates
- Green for Life