Cooking is the process of preparing food by use of heat. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions. Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans, and some scientists believe the advent of cooking played an important role in human evolution. Most anthropologists believe that cooking fires first developed around 250,000 years ago.
The development of agriculture, commerce and transportation between civilizations in different regions offered cooks many new ingredients. Cooks themselves vary widely in skill and training. New inventions and technologies, such as pottery for holding and boiling water, expanded cooking techniques.
Cookbooks have been available for hundreds of years, and contain recipes for the preparation of different foods. You can now get cookbooks in eBook format, which are great for mobile reference.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Cooking
- The Low Dose Immunotherapy Handbook: Recipes and Lifestyle Advice for Patients on LDA and EPD Treatment
- Farmers' Market Favorites
- From Vines to Wines, 5th Edition: The Complete Guide to Growing Grapes and Making Your Own Wine
- Fat-Burner Foods: Eat yourself slim in 14 days
- Clean Eats: Over 200 Delicious Recipes to Reset Your Body's Natural Balance and Discover What It Means to Be Truly Healthy
- Betty Crocker Cookbook, 11th Edition: 1500 Recipes for the Way You Cook Today
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism
- The Shredded Chef: 115 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy
- What Einstein Told His Cook: Kitchen Science Explained
- The Sommelier Prep Course