Cooking is the process of preparing food by use of heat. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions. Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans, and some scientists believe the advent of cooking played an important role in human evolution. Most anthropologists believe that cooking fires first developed around 250,000 years ago.
The development of agriculture, commerce and transportation between civilizations in different regions offered cooks many new ingredients. Cooks themselves vary widely in skill and training. New inventions and technologies, such as pottery for holding and boiling water, expanded cooking techniques.
Cookbooks have been available for hundreds of years, and contain recipes for the preparation of different foods. You can now get cookbooks in eBook format, which are great for mobile reference.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Cooking
- The Ultimate Food Allergy Cookbook and Survival Guide: How to Cook with Ease for Food Allergies and Recover Good Health
- The Low Dose Immunotherapy Handbook: Recipes and Lifestyle Advice for Patients on LDA and EPD Treatment
- Allergy Cooking with Ease: The No Wheat, Milk, Eggs, Corn, and Soy Cookbook
- The NuWave Oven Cookbook: 101 Delicious Recipes for the Countertop Connoisseur
- Mug Cakes: 100 Speedy Microwave Treats to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- Japanese Soul Cooking: Ramen, Tonkatsu, Tempura, and More from the Streets and Kitchens of Tokyo and Beyond
- For the Love of Hops: The Practical Guide to Aroma, Bitterness and the Culture of Hops
- Big Green Egg Cookbook: Celebrating the World's Best Smoker and Grill
- The Shredded Chef: 115 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy
- Monte Amiata, le insalate di campo