Cooking is the process of preparing food by use of heat. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions. Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans, and some scientists believe the advent of cooking played an important role in human evolution. Most anthropologists believe that cooking fires first developed around 250,000 years ago.
The development of agriculture, commerce and transportation between civilizations in different regions offered cooks many new ingredients. Cooks themselves vary widely in skill and training. New inventions and technologies, such as pottery for holding and boiling water, expanded cooking techniques.
Cookbooks have been available for hundreds of years, and contain recipes for the preparation of different foods. You can now get cookbooks in eBook format, which are great for mobile reference.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Cooking
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss: Control Your Body Chemistry, Reduce Inflammation and Improve Your Health
- The NuWave Oven Cookbook: 101 Delicious Recipes for the Countertop Connoisseur
- Patsy's Italian Family Cookbook: TK
- The Low Dose Immunotherapy Handbook: Recipes and Lifestyle Advice for Patients on LDA and EPD Treatment
- The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs
- Canning and Preserving for Beginners: Essential Tips and Guide
- Smokin' with Myron Mixon: Recipes Made Simple, from the Winningest Man in Barbecue Winningest Man in Barbecue
- Canning and Preserving All-in-One For Dummies
- The Grit Cookbook: World-Wise, Down-Home Recipes
- Complete Book Of Home Canning - Including Preserving, Pickling, Dehydration And Jelly-Making