Cooking is the process of preparing food by use of heat. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions. Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans, and some scientists believe the advent of cooking played an important role in human evolution. Most anthropologists believe that cooking fires first developed around 250,000 years ago.
The development of agriculture, commerce and transportation between civilizations in different regions offered cooks many new ingredients. Cooks themselves vary widely in skill and training. New inventions and technologies, such as pottery for holding and boiling water, expanded cooking techniques.
Cookbooks have been available for hundreds of years, and contain recipes for the preparation of different foods. You can now get cookbooks in eBook format, which are great for mobile reference.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Cooking
- The NuWave Oven Cookbook: 101 Delicious Recipes for the Countertop Connoisseur
- Hungry Girl Clean & Hungry: Easy All-Natural Recipes for Healthy Eating in the Real World
- The Hell's Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes from the Kitchen
- Complete Guide to Home Canning and Preserving (Second Revised Edition)
- Gluten-Free Without Rice: Easy Cooking for Variety on a Gluten-Free Diet
- Freeing The Unloved Girl: A woman's guide to healing from childhood abuse and conditioning
- The Complete Book of Japanese Cooking
- Principles of Brewing Science: A Study of Serious Brewing Issues
- The Every-Other-Day Diet: The Diet That Lets You Eat All You Want (Half the Time) and Keep the Weight Off
- 90+ Smoothies & Juices: Delicious Blender Recipes For High Speed Ninja Blenders