Cooking is the process of preparing food by use of heat. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions. Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans, and some scientists believe the advent of cooking played an important role in human evolution. Most anthropologists believe that cooking fires first developed around 250,000 years ago.
The development of agriculture, commerce and transportation between civilizations in different regions offered cooks many new ingredients. Cooks themselves vary widely in skill and training. New inventions and technologies, such as pottery for holding and boiling water, expanded cooking techniques.
Cookbooks have been available for hundreds of years, and contain recipes for the preparation of different foods. You can now get cookbooks in eBook format, which are great for mobile reference.
Top 10 Cooking
- The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor
- Gluten-Free Without Rice: Easy Cooking for Variety on a Gluten-Free Diet
- The Flavour Thesaurus
- The NuWave Oven Cookbook: 101 Delicious Recipes for the Countertop Connoisseur
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss: Control Your Body Chemistry, Reduce Inflammation and Improve Your Health
- The Low Dose Immunotherapy Handbook: Recipes and Lifestyle Advice for Patients on LDA and EPD Treatment
- Easy Gourmet: Awesome Recipes Anyone Can Cook
- Clean Green Drinks: 100+ Cleansing Recipes to Renew & Restore Your Body and Mind
- The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook: Eat Even More Food and Lose Even More Weight
- Mother Nature's Garden: Healthy Vegan Cooking