Fiction: Lesbian eBooks
Lesbian fiction is a genre of fiction that focuses on stories related to lesbians and female love.
Societal attitudes towards homosexual women have varied throughout human history and between different cultures. It is notable that there are far fewer historical mentions of lesbianism than male homosexuality, possibly due to many historical writings and records focusing primarily on men.
Because she wrote love poems addressed to both women and men, Sappho has long been considered bisexual. The word "lesbian" derives from the the island of her birth, Lesbos; her name is also the origin of its nowadays less common synonym "sapphic".
The recorded history of lesbianism goes back to the Code of Hammurabi (ca. 1700 BC), which is widely considered to be the earliest known mention of lesbians in surviving historical documents. The code makes reference to women called the "salzikrum" (literal translation: "daughter-men"), women that were allowed to marry other women.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Fiction
- Dark Magic
- The Legion: Cato & Macro: Book 10
- Forbidden Magic
- The Immortal Nicholas: The Untold Story of the Man and the Legend
- Wild Magic
- A Grant of Arms (Book #8 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
- A Rite of Swords (Book #7 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
- The Mystery of the Invisible Hand: A Henry Spearman Mystery
- Four Major Plays, Volume I