Medicine is the science and art of healing. It encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of illness in human beings. Contemporary medicine applies health science, biomedical research, and medical technology to diagnose and treat injury and disease. The word medicine is derived from the Latin ars medicina, meaning the art of healing.
The medical field is quite varied, and you can find eBooks here on all related subjects: acupuncture, cardiology, chiropractic, dentistry, diseases, ethics, gynecology, health care, internal medicine, mental health, neurology, nursing, nutrition, optometry, pediactrics, radilogy, and surgery.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Medical
- Ethics for Behavior Analysts
- Jonas and Kovner's Health Care Delivery in the United States, 10th Edition
- Physical Diagnosis Pretest Self Assessment and Review, Seventh Edition
- FOCUS Psychiatry Review: Volume 2
- A People's Guide to the Federal Budget
- The Art of Hypnotic Regression Therapy: A clinical guide
- Mistaken for ADHD: How you can prevent mislabeling your child as a failure in life in the face of a looming ADHD misdiagnosis crisis
- Undermining Science: Suppression and Distortion in the Bush Administration
- Stretching Smarter Stretching Healthier
- Hippocrates: Making the Way for Medicine