Medicine is the science and art of healing. It encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of illness in human beings. Contemporary medicine applies health science, biomedical research, and medical technology to diagnose and treat injury and disease. The word medicine is derived from the Latin ars medicina, meaning the art of healing.
The medical field is quite varied, and you can find eBooks here on all related subjects: acupuncture, cardiology, chiropractic, dentistry, diseases, ethics, gynecology, health care, internal medicine, mental health, neurology, nursing, nutrition, optometry, pediactrics, radilogy, and surgery.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Medical
- Negotiating Skills for Managers
- Digital Hearing Aids
- Integration and Control of Metabolism
- Culture in Clinical Care: Strategies for Competence, Second Edition
- The Ab Revolution Fourth Edition - No More Crunches No More Back Pain
- Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Practice Management Consult
- Explain Pain (Revised and Updated, 2nd Edition)
- Trichotillomania, Skin Picking, and Other Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors
- Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible
- Psychology: A Self-Teaching Guide