Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and world views that establishes symbols that relate humanity to spirituality and moral values. Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories that are intended to give meaning to life or to explain the origin of life or the universe.
The word religion is sometimes used interchangeably with faith or belief system, but religion differs from private belief in that it has a public aspect. Most religions have organized behaviors, including clerical hierarchies, regular meetings or services for the purposes of veneration of a deity or for prayer, holy places, and scriptures.
The practice of a religion may also include sermons, commemoration of the activities of a god or gods, sacrifices, festivals, feasts, trance, initiations, funerary services, matrimonial services, meditation, music, art, dance, public service, or other aspects of human culture.
Some of the most widespread religions are Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism. eBookMall has eBooks on all of these as well as more on Eastern religion, prayer, theology, philosophy, meditation, and inspiration.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- The Screwtape Letters Study Guide: A Bible Study on the C.S. Lewis Book The Screwtape Letters
- Hope For the Separated: Wounded Marriages Can Be Healed
- FUERA DEL CALDERO DEL DIABLO
- How to Live Like a King's Kid
- A Pocket Guide to Catholic Apologetics
- Answer Me This!
- Where is THAT in the Bible?
- Catholic Answers to Catholic Questions
- I Will Survive
- Putting Amazing Back into Grace