Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and world views that establishes symbols that relate humanity to spirituality and moral values. Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories that are intended to give meaning to life or to explain the origin of life or the universe.
The word religion is sometimes used interchangeably with faith or belief system, but religion differs from private belief in that it has a public aspect. Most religions have organized behaviors, including clerical hierarchies, regular meetings or services for the purposes of veneration of a deity or for prayer, holy places, and scriptures.
The practice of a religion may also include sermons, commemoration of the activities of a god or gods, sacrifices, festivals, feasts, trance, initiations, funerary services, matrimonial services, meditation, music, art, dance, public service, or other aspects of human culture.
Some of the most widespread religions are Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism. eBookMall has eBooks on all of these as well as more on Eastern religion, prayer, theology, philosophy, meditation, and inspiration.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- 100 Years From Now: Sustaining a Movement for Generations
- Growing Up Duggar: It's All About Relationships
- Holy Bible King James Version 1611 Edition
- The Gene Keys: Unlocking the Higher Purpose Hidden in Your DNA
- La Fuerza del Amor: Como Cambiar El Mundo a Traves de La Sencilla Fuerza del Amor En Accion
- Discourse on Free Will
- De la Oscuridad a la Luz
- Stomping Out the Darkness
- I Don't Want a Divorce
- The Daniel Fast: Feed Your Soul, Strengthen Your Spirit, and Renew Your Body