Religion: Buddhism - General eBooks
Buddhism is a religion and philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices, largely based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as the Buddha. eBookMall has eBooks on many aspects of Buddhism.
The Buddha lived and taught in the eastern part of Indian subcontinent some time between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE. He is recognized by Buddhists as an awakened or enlightened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end ignorance of dependent origination, thus escaping what is seen as a cycle of suffering and rebirth.
While Buddhism remains most popular within Asia, branches are now found throughout the world. Estimates of Buddhists worldwide vary significantly depending on the way Buddhist adherence is defined. Lower estimates are between 350–500 million.
The foundations of Buddhist tradition and practice are the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the Dharma (the teachings), and the Sangha (the community). Taking "refuge in the triple gem" has traditionally been a declaration and commitment to being on the Buddhist path and in general distinguishes a Buddhist from a non-Buddhist.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Seeing Things... Predicting Results
- Egyptian Yoga: The Philosophy of Enlightenment
- Parent's Guide to the Assarian Resurrection Myth of Ancient Egypt and How to teach their Children
- With Christ in the School of Prayer
- Just Do Something: A Liberating Approach to Finding God's Will
- Cómo transformar a los niños en campeones espirituales: Por qué los niños deben ser la prioridad #1 en la iglesia
- Abba's Child: The Cry of the Heart for Intimate Belonging
- Navigating the New Evangelization
- The Five Languages of Apology: How to Experience Healing in All Your Relationships
- Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill