Religion: Buddhism - General eBooks
Buddhism is a religion and philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices, largely based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as the Buddha. eBookMall has eBooks on many aspects of Buddhism.
The Buddha lived and taught in the eastern part of Indian subcontinent some time between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE. He is recognized by Buddhists as an awakened or enlightened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end ignorance of dependent origination, thus escaping what is seen as a cycle of suffering and rebirth.
While Buddhism remains most popular within Asia, branches are now found throughout the world. Estimates of Buddhists worldwide vary significantly depending on the way Buddhist adherence is defined. Lower estimates are between 350–500 million.
The foundations of Buddhist tradition and practice are the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the Dharma (the teachings), and the Sangha (the community). Taking "refuge in the triple gem" has traditionally been a declaration and commitment to being on the Buddhist path and in general distinguishes a Buddhist from a non-Buddhist.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Getting the Barakah: An Islamic Guide to Time Management
- How to Love
- Prayers That Avail Much 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
- Out of the Devils Cauldron
- Proverbs: Wisdom from Above-OE: Passion Translation
- Muscle and a Shovel
- Jesus Is Female: Moravians and Radical Religion in Early America
- Transforming Theological Education: A Practical Handbook for Integrative Learning
- What the Buddha Taught
- Dressed to Kill: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare and Armor