Religion: Buddhism - General eBooks
Buddhism is a religion and philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices, largely based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as the Buddha. eBookMall has eBooks on many aspects of Buddhism.
The Buddha lived and taught in the eastern part of Indian subcontinent some time between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE. He is recognized by Buddhists as an awakened or enlightened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end ignorance of dependent origination, thus escaping what is seen as a cycle of suffering and rebirth.
While Buddhism remains most popular within Asia, branches are now found throughout the world. Estimates of Buddhists worldwide vary significantly depending on the way Buddhist adherence is defined. Lower estimates are between 350–500 million.
The foundations of Buddhist tradition and practice are the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the Dharma (the teachings), and the Sangha (the community). Taking "refuge in the triple gem" has traditionally been a declaration and commitment to being on the Buddhist path and in general distinguishes a Buddhist from a non-Buddhist.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Beware the Night
- LEGENDS OF THE PHOENIX: Tales of Forgotten Past
- Satisfy My Thirsty Soul: For I Am Desperate for Your Presence
- South Asian Buddhism: A Survey
- Midwife for Souls
- Paul for Everyone: Galatians and Thessalonians
- Understanding The Purpose And Power Of Woman
- El Ayuno: Abra la puerta a una relacion mas profunda, intima y poderosa con Dios
- A Celtic Eucharist
- Sanctifying the Name of God: Jewish Martyrs and Jewish Memories of the First Crusade