Religion: Buddhism - General eBooks
Buddhism is a religion and philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices, largely based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as the Buddha. eBookMall has eBooks on many aspects of Buddhism.
The Buddha lived and taught in the eastern part of Indian subcontinent some time between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE. He is recognized by Buddhists as an awakened or enlightened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end ignorance of dependent origination, thus escaping what is seen as a cycle of suffering and rebirth.
While Buddhism remains most popular within Asia, branches are now found throughout the world. Estimates of Buddhists worldwide vary significantly depending on the way Buddhist adherence is defined. Lower estimates are between 350–500 million.
The foundations of Buddhist tradition and practice are the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the Dharma (the teachings), and the Sangha (the community). Taking "refuge in the triple gem" has traditionally been a declaration and commitment to being on the Buddhist path and in general distinguishes a Buddhist from a non-Buddhist.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Getting the Barakah: An Islamic Guide to Time Management
- Out of the Devils Cauldron
- Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married
- Spiritual Leadership: A Commitment to Excellence for Every Believer
- The Popular Encyclopedia of Apologetics: Surveying the Evidence for the Truth of Christianity
- Before You Say "I Do"®
- I and Thou
- The Parables of Jesus
- The New Testament and the People of God
- The Five Languages of Apology: How to Experience Healing in All Your Relationships