Religion: Buddhism - General eBooks
Buddhism is a religion and philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices, largely based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as the Buddha. eBookMall has eBooks on many aspects of Buddhism.
The Buddha lived and taught in the eastern part of Indian subcontinent some time between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE. He is recognized by Buddhists as an awakened or enlightened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end ignorance of dependent origination, thus escaping what is seen as a cycle of suffering and rebirth.
While Buddhism remains most popular within Asia, branches are now found throughout the world. Estimates of Buddhists worldwide vary significantly depending on the way Buddhist adherence is defined. Lower estimates are between 350–500 million.
The foundations of Buddhist tradition and practice are the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the Dharma (the teachings), and the Sangha (the community). Taking "refuge in the triple gem" has traditionally been a declaration and commitment to being on the Buddhist path and in general distinguishes a Buddhist from a non-Buddhist.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged
- I Need A Day to Pray
- Why Church Matters
- Apocalypse Secrets: Baha'i Interpretation of the Book of Revelation
- How to Read (and Understand) the Bible: Meeting God in the Book You Love but Never Fully Understood
- Find It Quick Handbook on Cults and New Religions: Where Did They Come From? What Do They Believe?
- His Healing Power: Four Classic Books on Healing, Complete in One Volume
- Seeking God: The Way of St.Benedict
- Why Be Catholic?: Ten Answers to a Very Important Question
- Essence of Karma Yoga: Selected Verses from the Bhagavad Gita