Religion: Christianity - History - General eBooks
The history of Christianity starts in the mid-1st century, when it began as a Jewish sect in the eastern Mediterranean. Christians faced persecution by some Jewish authorities until the 4th century. In the middle ages the Christian church entered into a long period of missionary activity and expansion. The 15th-century Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in ancient and classical learning. In 1517 Martin Luther protested against the sale of indulgences and soon moved on to deny several key points of Roman Catholic doctrine. This and other challenges developed into the movement called Protestantism. After the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus, Christianity spread to the Americas, Oceania, East Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Learn much more about the history of Christianity in our eBooks.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
- Divine Sex
- Joshua's Spiritual Warfare
- Identity Thief: Exposing Satan's Plan to Steal Your Purpose, Passion and Power
- The Great Divide: A Lutheran Evaluation of Reformed Theology
- A Psalm in Your Heart
- The Righteousness of One: An Evaluation of Early Patristic Soteriology in Light of the New Perspective on Paul
- How To Operate In The Realm Of The Miraculous: A divine revelation of how to practically demonstrate the power of God through miracles, signs & wonder
- Understanding the Purpose & Power of Prayer Study Guide