Religion: Christianity - History - General eBooks
The history of Christianity starts in the mid-1st century, when it began as a Jewish sect in the eastern Mediterranean. Christians faced persecution by some Jewish authorities until the 4th century. In the middle ages the Christian church entered into a long period of missionary activity and expansion. The 15th-century Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in ancient and classical learning. In 1517 Martin Luther protested against the sale of indulgences and soon moved on to deny several key points of Roman Catholic doctrine. This and other challenges developed into the movement called Protestantism. After the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus, Christianity spread to the Americas, Oceania, East Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Learn much more about the history of Christianity in our eBooks.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Joshua's Spiritual Warfare
- Mystics, Masters, Saints, and Sages: Stories of Enlightenment
- Seeing the Psalter
- What Is Yet to Come: Ezekiel
- More Ideas for Writing Creative Christmas Letters That People Are Actually Eager to Read!
- The Lifting Of The Veil: Acts 15:20-21
- Assimilating New Members
- Six Days of Genesis
- Turn the World Upside Down
- The Amazing Discernment of Women