Religion: Christianity - History - General eBooks
The history of Christianity starts in the mid-1st century, when it began as a Jewish sect in the eastern Mediterranean. Christians faced persecution by some Jewish authorities until the 4th century. In the middle ages the Christian church entered into a long period of missionary activity and expansion. The 15th-century Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in ancient and classical learning. In 1517 Martin Luther protested against the sale of indulgences and soon moved on to deny several key points of Roman Catholic doctrine. This and other challenges developed into the movement called Protestantism. After the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus, Christianity spread to the Americas, Oceania, East Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Learn much more about the history of Christianity in our eBooks.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Heralding the Loud Cry: Progression of Light from 1888
- Eight Lectures on Yoga
- Religions Values and Peak-Experiences
- Key Themes for the Study of Islam
- The New Perspective on Paul: An Introduction
- Dressed to Kill: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare and Armor
- Prayers That Avail Much 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life Study Guide
- Angels and Saints: A Biblical Guide to Friendship with God's Holy Ones