Religion: Christianity - History - General eBooks
The history of Christianity starts in the mid-1st century, when it began as a Jewish sect in the eastern Mediterranean. Christians faced persecution by some Jewish authorities until the 4th century. In the middle ages the Christian church entered into a long period of missionary activity and expansion. The 15th-century Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in ancient and classical learning. In 1517 Martin Luther protested against the sale of indulgences and soon moved on to deny several key points of Roman Catholic doctrine. This and other challenges developed into the movement called Protestantism. After the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus, Christianity spread to the Americas, Oceania, East Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Learn much more about the history of Christianity in our eBooks.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- The People vs Muhammad - Psychological Analysis
- What to Do Until Love Finds You: The Bestselling Guide to Preparing Yourself for Your Perfect Mate
- Illustrated Dictionary of Dream Symbols
- The Power of Flow
- To Be Told
- The Ragamuffin Gospel
- Como interpretar los suenos y las visiones: Entender las advertencias y la orientacion de Dios
- Healing a Broken Marriage: Love Never Fails
- Faith and Freedom: The Founding Fathers in Their Own Words
- Lead Me, Holy Spirit Book of Prayers: Longing to Hear the Voice of God