Religion: Christianity - History - General eBooks
The history of Christianity starts in the mid-1st century, when it began as a Jewish sect in the eastern Mediterranean. Christians faced persecution by some Jewish authorities until the 4th century. In the middle ages the Christian church entered into a long period of missionary activity and expansion. The 15th-century Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in ancient and classical learning. In 1517 Martin Luther protested against the sale of indulgences and soon moved on to deny several key points of Roman Catholic doctrine. This and other challenges developed into the movement called Protestantism. After the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus, Christianity spread to the Americas, Oceania, East Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Learn much more about the history of Christianity in our eBooks.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Introduction to Islam:An Explanation for Western Readers
- Divine Sex
- A Tale of Three Kings
- Northern Storm Rising: Russia, Iran, and the Emerging End-Times Military Coalition Against Israel
- The Crusades Through Arab Eyes
- Unmasking the Antichrist: Dispelling the Myths, Discovering the Truth
- Dreaming Me: Black, Baptist, and Buddhist - One Woman's Spiritual Journey
- Ecology and the Environment
- Lucado 3 in 1: Come Thirsty, Traveling Light, Next Door Savior
- Walking with God