Religion: Christianity - History - General eBooks
The history of Christianity starts in the mid-1st century, when it began as a Jewish sect in the eastern Mediterranean. Christians faced persecution by some Jewish authorities until the 4th century. In the middle ages the Christian church entered into a long period of missionary activity and expansion. The 15th-century Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in ancient and classical learning. In 1517 Martin Luther protested against the sale of indulgences and soon moved on to deny several key points of Roman Catholic doctrine. This and other challenges developed into the movement called Protestantism. After the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus, Christianity spread to the Americas, Oceania, East Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Learn much more about the history of Christianity in our eBooks.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Out of the Devils Cauldron
- The Tangible Kingdom
- 65 Promises from God for Your Child: Powerful prayers for supernatural results
- Reasons for Belief: Easy-to-Understand Answers to 10 Essential Questions
- The Days of His Presence: Experiencing the fullness of Christ as we enter the fullness of time
- The Shelter Of The Most High: Accessing the divine protection of God in times of trouble
- When The Many Are One: How to lay aside our differences and come together as the house of God
- The Theology of the Body Made Simple
- Roses in December: Comfort for the Grieving Heart
- The Mentor's Manna On Assignment