Religion: Christianity - History - General eBooks
The history of Christianity starts in the mid-1st century, when it began as a Jewish sect in the eastern Mediterranean. Christians faced persecution by some Jewish authorities until the 4th century. In the middle ages the Christian church entered into a long period of missionary activity and expansion. The 15th-century Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in ancient and classical learning. In 1517 Martin Luther protested against the sale of indulgences and soon moved on to deny several key points of Roman Catholic doctrine. This and other challenges developed into the movement called Protestantism. After the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus, Christianity spread to the Americas, Oceania, East Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Learn much more about the history of Christianity in our eBooks.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Bridging Strategies--Leadership Perspectives for Introducing Change
- The Story of King Saul and King David
- 65 Promises from God for Your Child: Powerful prayers for supernatural results
- Catholic Bioethics and the Gift of Human Life, 2nd Edition
- The Early Quakers and the 'Kingdom of God': Peace, Testimony and Revolution
- Ancient Chinese Prophecies Till the End of the World
- Deaf Liberation Theology Explorations in Practical, Pastoral and Empirical Theology
- Shocked by the Bible
- Doubtless: Faith that Overcomes the World
- James Allen's Book of Meditations for Every Day of the Year