Religion: Christianity - History - General eBooks
The history of Christianity starts in the mid-1st century, when it began as a Jewish sect in the eastern Mediterranean. Christians faced persecution by some Jewish authorities until the 4th century. In the middle ages the Christian church entered into a long period of missionary activity and expansion. The 15th-century Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in ancient and classical learning. In 1517 Martin Luther protested against the sale of indulgences and soon moved on to deny several key points of Roman Catholic doctrine. This and other challenges developed into the movement called Protestantism. After the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus, Christianity spread to the Americas, Oceania, East Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Learn much more about the history of Christianity in our eBooks.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Named by God Bible Study: Overcoming Your Past, Transforming Your Present, Embracing Your Future
- Cast of Characters: Lost and Found
- The Maximized Life Journey: 52 Days to Victorious Living
- The Harbinger Companion With Study Guide: Decode the mysteries and respond to the call that can change America's future-and yours
- End Time Revelation of the Seven Churches
- Vatican II: A Historic Turning Point: The Dawning of a New Epoch
- Beyond the Horizon: Into the Light, Returned from 'Death'
- Pope Francis in His Own Words
- The Christian Parenting Handbook: 50 Heart-Based Strategies for All the Stages of Your Child's Life