Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- Botany for Gardeners: Third Edition
- The Holodynamic State of Being: The Advocate's Manual 1
- China's Geography
- Directional Solidification of Steel Castings
- The World's Beaches
- Honey Bee Pathology
- Radical Amazement: Contemplative Lessons from Black Holes, Supernovas, and Other Wonders of the Universe
- The Enigma of Cranial Deformation: Elongated Skulls of the Ancients
- Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic
- THE NONVERBAL FACTOR: Exploring the Other Side of Communication