Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- Physics for Engineers and Scientists, Volume 2, Third Edition
- Foundation and Anchor Design Guide for Metal Building Systems
- Genes and DNA: A Beginner's Guide to Genetics and Its Applications
- The Brain
- Chromatographic Systems: Maintenance And Troubleshooting
- Seashells of North America: A Guide to Field Identification
- Continuum Mechanics: Concise Theory and Problems
- Practical Beekeeping in New Zealand: The Definitive Guide: Completely Revised and Updated
- Physics: A Student Companion
- Here Is a Human Being: At the Dawn of Personal Genomics