Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- Physics for Engineers and Scientists, Volume 2, Third Edition
- Earth: Portrait of a Planet (Fifth Edition)
- Student Solutions Manual, Boundary Value Problems
- A Guide to Organic Chemistry Mechanisms, eBook version
- A Student's Guide to Vectors and Tensors
- Symmetry: An Introduction to Group Theory and Its Applications
- Marketing and Managing Tourism Destinations
- Medical Firsts: From Hippocrates to the Human Genome
- The Science of Superheroes
- Iamai : A Journey Into The Unseen: A Metaphysics Textbook for Non Mystics