Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- Abraham's Children: Race, Identity, and the DNA of the Chosen People
- Mathematical Statistics with Applications, Student Solutions Manual
- Principles of Electrical Transmission Lines in Power and Communication: The Commonwealth and International Library: Applied Electricity and Electronic
- Making of the Atomic Bomb
- This Will Make You Smarter
- Search for the Great Truths
- Schaum's Outline of College Physics, 11th Edition
- Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human
- Introductory Thermodynamics
- The Bases of Chemical Thermodynamics