Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Top 10 Science
- Donny's Unauthorized Technical Guide to Harley-Davidson, 1936 to Present: Volume V: Part I of II-The Shovelhead: 1966 to 1985
- Organic Chemistry I Workbook For Dummies
- Donny's Unauthorized Technical Guide to Harley-Davidson, 1936 to Present: Volume V: Part II of II-The Shovelhead: 1966 to 1985
- Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think
- Backyard Ballistics
- Donny's Unauthorized Technical Guide to Harley Davidson 1936 to Present: Volume II: Performancing the Twin CAM
- Form and Function in Developmental Evolution
- The Aquatic Ape Hypothesis
- The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of America's Favorite Planet
- Lunar Landing and Return: A Simplified Physics & Mathematics Investigation-The Apollo II Saga