Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- Essential Radio Astronomy
- Low-Current Systems Engineer's Technical Handbook: A Guide to Design and Supervision
- The Scientist's Guide to Writing: How to Write More Easily and Effectively throughout Your Scientific Career
- Planet X - The 2017 Arrival
- Donny's Unauthorized Technical Guide to Harley-Davidson, 1936 to Present: Volume IV: Performancing the Evolution
- Organic Chemistry I for Dummies
- Ever Since Darwin: Reflections in Natural History
- CliffsNotes Anatomy & Physiology Quick Review, 2ndEdition
- The Wild Life of Our Bodies: Predators, Parasites, and Partners That Shape Who We Are Today
- Introduction to Environmental Management: for the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management