Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- Earth: Portrait of a Planet (Fifth Edition)
- Flow-Induced Vibrations: An Engineering Guide
- Living Downstream
- The Man Who Found Time James Hutton and the Discov: James Hutton and the Discovery of the Earth's Antiquity
- Visions of Infinity: The Great Mathematical Problems
- Exotic Animal Field Guide: Nonnative Hoofed Mammals in the United States
- Snowball Earth: The Story of a Maverick Scientist and His Theory of the Global Catastrophe That Spawned Life As We Know It
- Plastic: A Toxic Love Story
- Split-Second Persuasion: The Ancient Art and New Science of Changing Minds
- Broca's Brain