Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- On the Origin of Continents and Oceans: Book 2: The Earths Rock Record
- On the Origin of Continents and Oceans: Book 1 Empirical Small Earth Modelling Studies
- We Are Not Alone: Why We Have Already Found Extraterrestrial Life
- Ringworm Home Treatment: Discover the Secret to Remove Ringworm Naturally
- Theory of Heat
- Rockhounding Montana, 2nd: A Guide to 91 of Montana's Best Rockhounding Sites
- The Art of Teaching Science: For middle and secondary school
- The Serpent and the Rainbow
- Does Anything Eat Wasps?: And 101 Other Questions
- Terra non Firma Earth: Plate Tectonics is a Myth