Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- Donny's Unauthorized Technical Guide to Harley-Davidson, 1936 to Present: Volume V: Part I of II-The Shovelhead: 1966 to 1985
- Donny's Unauthorized Technical Guide to Harley-Davidson, 1936 to Present: Volume V: Part II of II-The Shovelhead: 1966 to 1985
- Reservoir Geomechanics
- Solar Revolution
- McGraw-Hill's 500 Physical Chemistry Questions: Ace Your College Exams
- What Does It Mean to Be Green?
- Principles of Animal Behavior (Third Edition)
- The Epigenetics Revolution: How Modern Biology is Rewriting our Understanding of Genetics, Disease and Inheritance
- The Chip
- American Anthrax