Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- Planet X - The 2017 Arrival
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists, Student Solutions Manual
- The Systems View of Life
- The Eye in Systemic Disease
- Classical Dynamics
- Handy Pocket Guide to Tropical Fruits
- Luminous Web: Essays on Science and Religion
- The Epigenetics Revolution: How Modern Biology is Rewriting our Understanding of Genetics, Disease and Inheritance
- Teaming with Microbes: The Organic Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web, Revised Edition
- The Great Warming