Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Cool Structures eBook:: Creative Activities that Make Math & Science Fun for Kids!
- Earthworm Identifier
- The Body Book: Easy-to-Make Hands-on Models That Teach
- VEHICLE DYNAMICS AND DAMPING: First revised edition
- Sleights of Mind
- Business Lessons from a Radical Industrialist
- Collapse of Evolution, The
- Fuel Cycle to Nowhere
- Animal Behavior