Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Science
- Low-Current Systems Engineer's Technical Handbook: A Guide to Design and Supervision
- 5 Steps to a 5 500 AP Chemistry Questions to Know by Test Day
- An Introduction to Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Practical Guide to Clinical Computing Systems: Design, Operations, and Infrastructure
- 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics 1 Algebra-based, 2015 Edition
- Physics of the Soul: The Quantum Book of Living, Dying, Reincarnation, and Immortality
- Essentials of the Earth's Climate System
- Introduction to Environmental Management: for the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
- The Geysers of Yellowstone, Fourth Edition
- The Secret Poisoner: A Century of Murder