How To Make ePub eBooks
To create your own ePub eBook, you'll need software that will convert your text into a .epub file. There is free software available that does this. Making your own eBooks will not only save money, but you'll have full control over the layout and design of your eBook and you'll get a lot of satisfaction out of the creative process.
Recommended Software: Sigil
The ePub conversion software we recommend is Sigil. It's a free program and the ePub files that you create with it do not include any advertizements, which means you end up with a professional-looking product. ePubs created with Sigil are in an accepted format for sale at eBookMall.com.
Download: Go to the Sigil download page to download Sigil for your operating system.
Learn: One of the excellent things about Sigil is that there is an online tutorial with screenshots that walks you through the process of making your first ePub eBook. If you follow the process outlined there, you'll learn everything that you need to know to make a basic ePub. From there, you'll be familiar enough with the program that you can work more detail into your ePub eBooks.
Source Files: Sigil can accept files in plain text (.txt) and HTML. There is also a Conversion Chart available to help you work with other file formats, including rich text, Microsoft Word, Open Document, and PDF.
There are a handful other programs available that will help you create ePub eBooks, ranging from free to expensive. We recommend Sigil because we've had the most experience with it, it's easy to use, and it has produced quality results for us. There is a good list of alternate choices on Wikipedia with links to download more software. It's always a good idea to test out a few options and see what works best for you.
Professional ePub Creation
If you're not interested in creating your own ePubs, you can consider having your manuscript converted into ePub format professionally at eBookMall. Take a look at our Publishing Services to get started.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- Best of Creation: An Islamic Guide to Self-Confidence
- Getting the Barakah: An Islamic Guide to Time Management
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Agora: Ancient Greek and Roman Humour - 2nd Edition: Agora Harder!
- Conquer Your Fear of Water: An Innovative Self-Discovery Course in Swimming
- The Real World (Fourth Edition)
- The Chakra Book: Energy and Healing Power of the Subtle Body
- What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition
- Out of the Devils Cauldron
- The UK Media Law Pocketbook