Are you tired of trying fad diets, buying "miracle" machines, and eating cardboard meals? Have you ever gone on a diet in order to lose weight for a special occasion and then regained the weight within a few months? If so, then 101 Steps to A Fitter You! will jumpstart your journey towards a lifetime of fitness and weight management.
The author understands the challenges faced by women 40 years of age and older. You may be among the many women who have been struggling with weight for years. The last time that you were physically active was probably in high school or college. Between work, family and other commitments, you find little time left for yourself, much less time to exercise. As a result, you have watched in silence as the pounds slowly piled onto your body.
101 Steps to A Fitter You! is a practical guide to weight management that you can use for a lifetime. Diet modification, not dieting, combined with physical activity is the solution. Learn how to:
- understand what's in the foods you eat
- recognize the sources of "empty" calories
- distinguish between the "good" fats and the "bad" fats
- lose weight without giving up all of the foods that you enjoy
- increase your metabolism with as little as 30 minutes of exercise a day