A Nuts and Bolts Approach to Teaching Nursing, Fourth Edition
Springer Publishing Company
Publication date: July 2011
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
2011 AJN Book of the Year Winner in Nursing Education!
Updated, revised, and expanded, this fourth edition of a "survival manual" for new teachers offers the most current thinking in nursing education, from practical nursing, to baccalaureate and master's programs. It also serves as a comprehensive guide for novice educators in classroom and clinical teaching settings. Chapters offer helpful strategies for making clinical assignments, preparing lectures and seminars, all aspects of testing and grading, supervision, facilitating group study, selecting textbooks, guiding independent study, and helping students improve their writing skills.
This fourth edition also features best practices and lessons learned from partnerships between university and clinical settings, and contains new strategies for conducting online teaching, including the use of technology. Specific indicators help educators identify appropriate lessons for different course levels. The guide additionally provides links to online resources in each chapter, including some with revised templates for checklists and rubrics. Key Features
- Distills best practices and lessons learned from academic and clinical world partnerships
- Serves as a quick refresher for the experienced educator reentering a classroom or clinical teaching assignment
- Addresses new cross-disciplinary "team" approach to assessment and intervention
- Features links to online resources in each chapter, including revised templates for checklist and rubrics along with a digital adjunct for educator use
- Authored by noted national and international experts in nursing education