Choosing appropriate and quality care for you or a loved one can be an emotional and daunting responsibility. With the horrifying stories of senior neglect and abuse in newspaper headlines over the years, how do you determine between the good, the bad, and the ugly?
In A Pathway to Senior Care in San Diego, author Nancy Coulter Beland draws upon more than thirty years of experience in senior care to reveal the ins and outs of the industry. With anecdotes from her days in the dugout, you'll learn how to:
Beland understands there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach to senior care. She carefully lays out each option for different care levels and provides a wealth of resource information to be sure your senior obtains the best consideration possible.
- Have those difficult conversations with your loved one about power of attorney, driving, lifestyle preferences, and more
- Determine which care option is right for you and your senior
- Interview home care agencies
- Look for signs of quality senior communities
- Work with Medicare, Medi-Cal, SSI, and VA benefits
- Make moving day easier on everyone
- Take care of yourself in the process