For many parents the first few months after a baby's birth can be a time of shock and adjustment as well as personal joy. Fatigue, confusion and feelings of incompetence are as common as the delight and pride which are part of having a baby.
In this friendly, accessible guide, Christine and Peter Hill take over from where other pregnancy books stop and before baby books begin. They provide a vast amount of practical and down-to-earth guidance on:
- What to expect in hospital and afterwards at home
- How to cope with persistent crying
- Dealing with feelings of depression and isolation
- Looking after yourself as well as your baby
- How to maintain fulfilling relationships with parents and friends
- When and when not to return to work.
Drawing on the experiences of over 5,000 mothers - and fathers - with new babies, and now fully updated, this authoritative guide is both reassuring and fun to read.