AARP Digital Editions offer you practical tips, proven solutions, and expert guidance.
The world of borrowing and debt management has changed dramatically, leaving people confused about how best to secure their financial future. This book is the only guide with detailed advice to help you become debt free or master the debt you have, based on the latest laws and new government programs and policies implemented under the Obama administration.
Is the information and advice on debt management different than in years past? Definitely. In this savvy, engaging guide, bestselling financial expert Jordan Goodman will tell you how to
- Win the mortgage game: avoid foreclosure, obtain the best refi, and modify your mortgage even if it is "under water"
- Clean up your credit report and dramatically boost your credit score
- Negotiate new terms and payments for burdensome medical bills, student loans, and credit cards
- Protect yourself from the devastation of identity theft
- Master the new credit card rules, and avoid the rate and fee traps
- Learn a revolutionary strategy that will help you become mortgage free in 5 to 7 years, change the way you pay all your bills, and save hundreds of thousands of dollars
Master Your Debt recommends many pioneering strategies as it lays out an innovative plan for achieving the elusive goal of financial success. The book is filled with helpful web sites, toll free numbers, associations and government agencies, and vetted companies and services to help you implement this advice. In today's volatile economy, getting out of debt is the key to surviving and thriving, and author Jordan Goodman provides you with the strategies and tools to live debt free.