A comprehensive textbook on the theoretical and practical applications of biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics
The field’s leading text for more than three decades
Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics, Sixth Edition provides you with a basic understanding of the principles of biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics and applies these principles to drug product development, drug product performance and drug therapy. The revised and updated sixth edition is unique in teaching basic concepts that relate to understanding the complex issues associated with safe and efficacious drug therapy.
Written by authors who have both academic and clinical experience, Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics will help you to:
- Understand the basic concepts in biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics.
- Use raw data and derive the pharmacokinetic models and parameters that bestdescribe the process of drug absorption, distribution, and elimination
- Critically evaluate biopharmaceutic studies involving drug product equivalencyand unequivalency
- Design and evaluate dosage regimens of drugs, using pharmacokinetic andbiopharmaceutic parameters
- Detect potential clinical pharmacokinetic problems and apply basic pharmacokineticprinciples to solve them
Practical problems and clinical examples with discussions are included in each chapter to help you apply these principles to patient care and drug consultation situations. Chapter Objectives, Chapter Summaries, and Frequently Asked Questions along with additional application questions appear within each chapter to identify and focus on key concepts. Most of the chapters have been revised to reflect our current understanding of drug product performance, bioavailability, bioequivalence, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and drug therapy.