Learn how to build seven fun, functional, and affordable robots—all using the Arduino microcontroller
Arduino Robot Bonanza explains how to build a wide variety of robots that roll, walk, talk, crawl, slither—and even sling insults—with the Arduino microcontroller platform. From the author of the bestselling Robot Builder’s Bonanza, this book teaches embedded microcontroller programming and reveals the world of robotics.
The book guides you, step by step, through the construction of seven rewarding and educational robot projects. Each robot is designed to explore multiple facets of the growing fields of embedded hardware, microcontroller programming, real-world sensory systems, and human-machine interaction. All of the projects are affordable and all are reproducible using parts available from a wide variety of sources.
Arduino Robot Bonanza
- Helps you get up and running quickly with Arduino
- Shows how to build seven unique, cutting-edge robots using affordable parts available from multiple sources
- Features illustrated, step-by-step construction instructions and assembly plans
- Includes tips for adding options, alternatives, and customizations
- Explores the latest embedded technologies, hardware interfacing, wireless data communications, real-time sensory feedback, and vision analysis
- Encourages you to develop skills in mechanical construction, computer programming, engineering—even art and music
Ins and Outs of the Arduino Microcontroller; Arduino as a Robot Brain; Connecting Things to the Arduino; Enhancing Your Robot with Sensors; Expanding the Arduino; Layout and Design; The TestBot Test Platform; Mini Kissing Bug; Animatronic Parrot; Your Robot Avatar; Slithering Snake; 18-Servo WalkerBot; PC-based Autonomous Robot; Crash Course in Electronics; Learning the Arduino Programming Language; Setting Up Your Robotics Laboratory