"ASP.NET 2.0 Programming: Problem Design Solution is aimed at describing, designing, and implementing a site much like the ones you’re probably working on or will be soon, while taking the opportunity to introduce and explain many of the new features that the new great ASP.NET 2.0 framework offers. Difficult problems are addressed head-on so you'll be ready for most of the problems you’ll typically face when writing a modern website, and have one or more solutions ready for them.
Unlike many other ASP.NET books that show examples for individual pages or features, the example in this book is an integrated end-to-end site (written in C#). The entire book and site has been written specifically for ASP.NET 2.0, to use the ASP.NET 2.0 features wherever they make sense.
The end-result is a website which features a layout with user-selectable themes, a membership system, a content management system for publishing and syndicating articles and photos, polls, mailing lists, forums, an e-commerce store with support for real-time credit card processing, homepage personalization, and localization. The book leads the reader through development of a site with:
Administration of a site will be covered including:
- Account registration, personalization and theming
- News and events, organized into categories
- Opinion polls
- E-commerce store with shopping cart and order management
In building these site features, you'll learn these new ASP.NET 2.0 features:
- Full online back-end administrative section, to manage practically all data from an intuitive user interface
- Site deployment
- Master pages
- Personalization & Web parts
- Membership & Profile modules
- The new server-side UI controls such as GridView, DetailsView, FormView, Wizard, MultiView, the new xxxDataSource and navigation controls, among others.
- The new compilation mode and deployment modes
- The new framework for instrumenting the site, as well as handling & logging exceptions
- The new ADO.NET 2.0 features (e.g. caching with database dependency)
- The new classes for easy distributed transactions Management