A four-color, task-based guide to AutoCAD
This Autodesk Official Training Guide thoroughly covers the fundamentals of AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD LT 2013 and teaches you everything you need to become quickly productive with the software. Learn to draw in 2D, shape complex curves, manage objects with layers, organize with blocks and groups, add dimensions and annotation, work with layouts, model in 3D, create realistic renderings, and more. Whether you're an aspiring CAD/CAM professional, preparing for certification, or updating your skills, this is the fast, thorough grounding you need in AutoCAD.
- The perfect guide for AutoCAD beginners, this Autodesk Official Training Guide uses approachable real-world exercises to explain AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT
- Takes a workflow-based approach and presents AutoCAD tasks, tools, and core functionality in the context of designing a house
- Features hands-on tutorials illustrated with full-color screenshots
- Covers basic 2D drawing skills, editing entities, working with splines and polylines, using layers and objects, organizing objects with groups and blocks, and using hatch patterns and gradients
- Examines working with blocks and cross-references, creating and editing text, dimensioning, using constraints and layouts, printing, editing and importing data, modeling in 3D, and presenting the design
AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT Essentials helps AutoCAD newcomers understand the software and gain confidence in their skills.