Beginning IOS 5 Application Development
Publication date: December 2011
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
The ideal starting point for iPhone and iPad app development with iOS 5
If you want to develop apps for Apple's iPhone and iPad, first you need to know how to use the tools--iPhone's new iOS 5 operating system and SDK, and the new xCode toolset that come with it. This full-color book is the perfect starting point. Beginning developers, you'll get a solid introduction to the new xCode 4 and Objective-C and find everything you need to quickly build your first app. The book thoroughly covers all the new iOS 5 features, including new multitasking, location-based services, notification system, cloud-based features, and much more.
- Written by bestselling Wrox author, Wei-Meng Lee, this is an ideal book for beginning developers
- Helps eager developers quickly start building apps for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Introduces iOS 5, xCode 4, Objective-C, and the basics you need to create your first Apple device app
- Covers a host of new iOS 5 capabilities, including new multitasking, new location-based services, and a new notification system
- Shows you how to work with iOS 5's cloud-based features for online storage of music, photos, and video
Full-color and full of information, Beginning iOS 5 Application Development is the ultimate guide for beginning Apple developers.