Before you take to the waters, know the basics from America's largest boating educator
Learn the fundamentals of boating navigation from the U.S.C.G. Auxiliary's cornerstone how-to guide, Boating Skills and Seamanship. This eChapter 9 focuses on navigation and includes:
- How to select, read and keep charts current.
- How to use navigation tools.
- How to determine position and measure distances on a chart.
- How to plot a course and measure its direction.
- How to compute speed, time, or distance when two of the three are known.
- The importance and use of Tide Tables.
- How to navigate with electronics.