Meet Joan Austen, a rising star in the advertising business. Joan's company is taking off and you have a front row seat as Joan and her staff resolve business and personal challenges during a typical business day in New York City. By entering Joan's world, you will acquire the latest and the most commonly used vocabulary in business today. Best of all, you will gain the skills and confidence you need to succeed in any English-speaking business environment anywhere in the world.
* Over 2,000 essential business idioms and phrases
* Perfect for classroom and for self-study
* Lessons designed to help you practice and recycle what you learn
* Real-world business conflicts and cultural insights
* Real-world business English spoken in real-world business offices
* Common Shakespearean and movie idioms used in business
* Answer key and word list defining each idiom and phrase
Are you ready to step up to the plate and hit it out of the park? Are you ready to swim with the sharks and take it to the next level? If so, then Business Idioms in America is for you. It is your guide to business English in America and around the world.