In this revised edition of Frank Gallo's best-selling book, the author brings the story of leadership in China right up to date. With new material on Chinese leadership styles and the challenges of going global, the book is ideal for any international manager who wants to better understand how to blend the best practices of Western leadership with traditional Chinese wisdom. The content comes from a combination of English and Chinese literature, interviews with practicing executives in China as well as the author's own experience as a leader in China.
Dr. Frank Gallo, the Greater China Chief Leadership Consultant for Hewitt Associates, offers sage advice on effective leadership practices for the China market. His key areas of focus include:
- the unique challenge and complex issues of leading a firm or division in China
- major areas of cultural differences such as teamwork, decision-making and
- employee motivation, between Chinese and Western business practices
- common areas of misunderstanding such as truth versus courteousness; managing a hierarchy versus empowerment; and dealing with the role of the individual rather than the rule of law
- implementing effective leadership strategies and development with a Chinese company.
This timely book will ensure a harmonious leadership style that draws out the best from both Western and Chinese business practices.