A CANADIAN BESTSELLER FULLY REVISED AND UPDATED
For more than 30 years, Canadian Family Law has helped us to understand the legal issues surrounding marriage, separation and divorce, child custody and support. Now in its tenth edition, Canadian Family Law provides information on recent developments in family law, such as same-sex marriage, alternative dispute resolution and child support.
Among the topics covered are:
Illustrated with case studies, Canadian Family Law is the standard reference guide that people who are contemplating marriage, or separation and divorce, turn to for informative, readable and authoritative commentary.
- The rights and obligations of marriage
- The components of a separation agreement
- Spousal support
- Child support and the new guidelines
- Guiding principles regarding custody of children
- Property rights and division of property
- The divorce procedure
- Domestic contracts
- The enforcement of agreements
- Mediation and arbitration
- A comparative analysis of family law statutes.