Capturing New Markets: How Smart Companies Create Opportunities Others Don't
Publication date: May 2011
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
Create and dominate new markets to escape commoditization and spur business growth!
New markets are your best shot at growth, but to win them you'll need the right toolkit. Drawing on dozens of industry interviews, in-the-trenches personal experience, and extensive research, this book lays out how companies can find, enter, and win in new markets--and organize themselves to tackle the mission successfully.
Combining a fast-moving narrative with practical insight, Capturing New Markets upends traditional approaches with the kind of counterintuitive strategies that are necessary to meet the unique challenge of new markets. You'll learn how to:
- Leverage new markets to turbo charge your company's growth engine
- Spot opportunities to create new markets
- Assess the growth prospects and viability of markets that dont yet exist
- Target a new market's first customers
- Choose between two major alternatives to sales channels
- Time market entry to be either a first mover or a fast follower
- Tackle emerging markets profitably
- Enable large companies to approach new markets nimbly
- Catalyze the growth of new markets through public policy
Through more than 150 examples, ranging from Roman Egypt to current headlines, Capturing New Markets shows how to beat the odds and grow in any economy.