Cesar's Rules: Your Way to Train a Well-Behaved Dog
Crown Publishing Group
Publication date: October 2010
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
The training book you’ve been waiting for from the bestselling author and star of National Geographic Channel’s Dog Whisperer
Your dog just doesn’t seem to listen. You’ve been through obedience training, but he still can’t seem to master the most basic commands. And nothing you do seems to prevent him from misbehaving. “Clients usually come to me when their dogs are ruining their lives, not when they won’t sit,” says Cesar. “But everywhere I go, people are telling me they are confused about the wide variety of training options and theories out there, and they feel paralyzed because they don’t know which to choose.”
Now, in his usual straightforward, confident manner, Cesar takes on the topic of training for the first time, by explaining the importance of balance as the foundation for a healthy relationship between you and your dog. In order to provide a variety of training options, he calls upon some of the foremost experts in the field to offer their advice so that you can find the perfect approach that works for you and your dog through a variety of methods.
Filled with practical advice, anecdotes, tips, and trouble-shooting techniques from Cesar and his colleagues, this is the ultimate guide to a well-behaved and well-balanced dog—from a new puppy to an old dog who can still learn new tricks.
The Only Training Book You’ll Ever Need
#1 New York Times bestselling author Cesar Millan shows you how to communicate well with your dog and shares the most effective and humane methods for teaching your dog how to be a happy, well-behaved member of your household. In Cesar’s Rules, he’ll address:
* The most popular training techniques, including positive reinforcement and using a clicker
* Ways to teach basic obedience commands sucha as sit, stay, and come
* The importance of balance, and why a well-trained dog does not necessarily mean a balanced one
* How to use your dog’s own natural inclinations to create better behavior
* The methods and theories from a variety of renowned trainers, including Bob Bailey, Ian Dunbar, Joel Silverman, Martin Deeley, and Mark Harden
* Encouraging and honoring your dog’s instincts
* And much more . . .
From the Hardcover edition.