ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine: A Food Lover's Road Map to Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Getting Really Healthy
Crown Publishing Group
Publication date: April 2008
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
2 users rated this ebook - write a review
of ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine: A Food Lover's Road Map to Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Getting Really Healthy
You save: $2.00 (13%)
What Dr. Andrew Weil is to herbal medicine and Dr. Phil is to TV psychology, Dr. John La Puma is to culinary medicine. At thirty-five, after eating too much of the Standard American Diet (SAD, isn't it?), Dr. La Puma had become SADly paunchy. So he decided to research the science of nutrition while also going to culinary school to learn to cook. He created the revolutionary new concept of "culinary medicine"-recipes, foods, and meals that prevent or control common health conditions without sacrificing restaurant-quality taste.
Now you can use culinary medicine too. In ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine, you’ll learn to stock the medicine chest in your kitchen, use the doctor inside of you, and create dishes that give you lifesaving benefits and truly dazzling flavor.
Dr. La Puma serves up a step-by-step eight-week plan to motivate you and help you change your life. Try Saffron Scallop, Shrimp, and Chickpea Paella. Or Sicilian Pasta with Swiss Chard, Goat Cheese, and Basil. Or Spicy and Rich Sausage and Kidney Bean Chili.
Anyone who loves food, wants to have more energy, wants to reverse his or her family health history, or wants to know what to eat to get and stay healthy should read this book. Its recipes, meals, and menus can work within minutes of eating them.
Experience food you can't wait to make, and grab the energy and good health to reclaim your life.
Doctor, What Do I Eat for That?
Your kitchen needs a ChefMD. Renowned physician and professionally trained chef Dr. John La Puma has just the person for the job-you! By following the ChefMD Eight-Week Plan, you'll find your inner doctor and learn to eat for optimal health and maximum satisfaction. Use ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine to:
• Discover what and how to eat for forty health conditions-starting with Acne, ADD, Alzheimer’s, Arthritis, and Asthma
• Build a "culinary medicine chest" with fifty amazing foods that prevent or control common health conditions without sacrificing restaurant-quality taste
• Conquer fatigue, supercharge your immune system, and look and feel younger
• Get the most nutrition from the foods you eat
• Find the ChefMD Essentials-thirty-six healthful and flavorful brand-name foods in boxes, bags, and cans
• Fall in love with food again with fifty easy ChefMD recipes–and no guilt!
Eat and cook the ChefMD way and discover just how delicious life can be!
From the Hardcover edition.