Everything in the environment, whether naturally occurring or of human design, is composed of chemicals. Chemists and materials scientists search for new knowledge about chemicals and use it to improve life. Chemical research has led to the discovery and development of new and improved synthetic fibers, paints, adhesives, drugs, cosmetics, electronic components, lubricants, and thousands of other products. Chemists and materials scientists also develop processes such as improved oil refining and petrochemical processing that save energy and reduce pollution. Applications of materials science include studies of superconducting materials, graphite materials, integrated-circuit chips, and fuel cells. Research on the chemistry of living things spurs advances in medicine, agriculture, food processing, and other fields.
This book gives you good solid advice and great strategies for getting interviews and landing the job as Chemists and Materials Scientists.
To prepare for the Job this book tells you:
- The training and education needed
- Expected job prospects
- The job's activities and responsibilities
- Working conditions
To land the Job, it gives you the hands-on and how-to's insight on:
- Finding Opportunities - the best places to find them
- Writing Unbeatable Resumes and Cover Letters
- Acing the Interview
- What to Expect From Recruiters
- How employers hunt for Job-hunters.... and More
This book offers excellent, insightful advice for everyone from entry level to senior professionals. None of the other such career guides compare with this one. It stands out because it:
1. Explains how the people doing the hiring think, so that you can win them over on paper and then in your interview;
2. Is filled with useful cheat and work -sheets;
3. Explains every step of the job-hunting process - from little known ways for finding openings to getting ahead on the job.
This book covers everything. Whether you are trying to get your first Job or move up in the system, get this book.