• The Essential Guide to Real-World Planning and Design of Cisco Wireless Networks
• Effective Network Planning Methodology
• Essential Assessment Model (iMAPS) includes Infrastructure, Performance, Availability, Management, and Security
• Wireless Design Notes
• Infrastructure, Security and Network Management Best Practices
• Access Point Selection Guide
• Site Surveys with Forms
• Wireless VLAN Notes
• Network Switch Selection Guide
• Security and Network Management Strategies
Cisco Wireless Network Design Guide teaches an effective methodology for planning and designing wireless networks. It is a reference guide that efficiently explains principles, methodologies and technologies while remaining focused on the audience's information needs. That is accomplished using a real-world design case study as the framework along with a structured methodology that teaches all phases of a design project. The case study is of a fictitious financial services company that is implementing wireless at all offices around the country. Methodology is presented that uses as a framework for planning, designing and implementing the wireless design.
In the case study of the fictitious financial company, real-world issues and strategies are addressed. Using a structured methodology, readers learn to review client requirements, assess the current network, build the infrastructure, recommend appropriate security and develop a management strategy. Readers will learn to develop a proof of concept strategy, make any modifications, and build a design proposal. Then the design is reviewed with the client with discussion on how to implement the design with a structured implementation methodology.