DO YOU DO THE FOLLOWING WHEN ATTEMPTING TO SET APPOINTMENTS?
- Ask, "How are you today?" or, "Do you have time to talk?" to begin a call
- Continually modify your value proposition thinking that the perfect one will stop the no's
- Never leave voice mails because you think they're a waste of time
- Use tricks to get gatekeepers to put you through
- Believe the target is being truthful when they tell you why they don't want to meet
- Attempt to counter their first conditioned knee jerk response with logic
After reading this book, you'll discover that these common mistakes, plus many others, are hurting your effectiveness, causing you to work harder and make less money. You'll also know exactly how to address the biggest challenge to your success: the need to get in front of more prospects in less time.
Additionally, you'll realize you only have three sources for initial appointments; lead generation programs, networking and referrals, and cold calling: and that all three require the ability to set appointments. You'll also learn that it makes no difference whether your target is warm or cold; the basic process for each call is identical. Let's face it: Even referrals say no, they're just nicer about it. When you understand this, you'll discover why all sales professional should have the skills, tools and processes to be both effective and efficient at this critical responsibility.
This comprehensive, easy-to-understand, easy-to-follow guide to successful appointment-setting is written by Barry Caponi, one of America's foremost thought leaders on all aspects of the subject.
Hundreds of companies throughout the world have dramatically increased their total number of new appointments by implementing the only appointment-setting methodology that addresses both effectiveness and efficiency. This volume (the first in a two-book set) will help you master the art of setting appointments-whether they are warm or cold-once and for all.