Cool, Hip & Sober: 88 Ways to Beat Booze and Drugs
Publication date: October 2004
Digital Book format: ePub (DRM-Free)
You save: $7.00 (70%)
In a refreshingly clear-headed and informed approach to addiction, noted writer and radio host Bill Manville sums up what he's learned in more than forty years of research . . . twenty as a demon-driven drunk and twenty in recovery.
From his popular show "Addictions and Answers," broadcast from KVML in Sonora, California, Manville has compiled a list of 88 questions and answers from, as he says, "a ton of plain and fancy drunks and dopers and their friends and families." As well, he offers valuable advice and information from his guests: noted psychiatrists, psychologists, rehab counselors, MDs, academics, and more.
Here, in first-person detail, are responses to the issues faced by alcoholics, addicts, and their loved ones, such as:
· How to intervene with a substance-abusing friend
· How alcoholics can protect themselves from relapses
· Evaluating therapies, both individual and group
· How alcohol affects sex
· Definitions of "social drinker," "heavy drinker," and alcoholic
· The many faces of denial
· Is alcoholism inherited?
· How to choose the right rehab
· Is there an addictive personality?
· What role does spirituality play in recovery?
A brave and transformational look at the treatment of chemical dependency, Cool, Hip, and Sober is a captivating, insightful and essential handbook for overcoming denial and achieving a peaceful, long-term recovery.
At the publisher's request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management software (DRM) applied.