Creative Sequencing Techniques for Music Production: A Practical Guide to Logic, Digital Performer, Cubase and Pro Tools
Publication date: August 2012
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
You save: $2.96 (6%)
An inspirational guide for all levels of expertise, Creative Sequencing Techniques for Music Production shows you how to get the most out of the four leading audio
Using real-life examples, Andrea Pejrolo demonstrates a wide range of technical and creative techniques, giving you tips and new ideas to help you take your work to the next level. Creative Sequencing Techniques covers sequencing from the basics, through intermediate to an advanced level, making this book ideal for music students and acoustic and MIDI composers.
With a free CD containing loops, templates and audio examples, and end of chapter exercises to practise new skills, this illustrated practical guide provides all the tools you will need to give your music the vital edge.
In a clear, accessible style, Andrea Pejrolo guides you through:
* Essential studio equipment, advising on MIDI devices (controllers, synthesizers, sound modules and sequencers), mixing boards, monitors and computers
* Basic sequencing topics such as recording and editing techniques and automation
* More advanced topics such as groove quantization, converters, sounds layering, tap tempo, creative meter, tempo changes and synchronization
* Orchestration for the MIDI ensemble, using both acoustic instruments and synthesizers
* Creating a professional final mix, using mixing techniques that take advantage of plug-in technology, maximising the use of effects such as reverb, compressor, limiter, equalizer and much more
The accompanying CD is loaded with more than 90 examples of arrangements and techniques, giving you advice on how to troubleshoot those common mistakes and perfect your music production.
Anyone producing music who wants to build on their skills in orchestration, composition and mixing will find all the techniques and practical advice they need in this book. Whether you are a student or amateur aspiring to more professional results, or a professional wanting to master new skills, this book will help you to improve the overall quality of your work.
* Companion CD includes examples of techniques covered in the book
* Suitable for anyone working with Logic, Digital Performer, Cubase and Pro Tools
* Practical and creative techniques enable readers to take their work to the next level