Cup of Comfort for Teachers: Heartwarming stories of people who mentor, motivate, and inspire
Publication date: November 2008
Digital Book format: PDF (Adobe DRM)
Virtually everyone can recall a special teacher, coach, or mentor who opened his or her eyes to a new outlook on life. Teachers guide us to read, write, imagine, explore, and understand; they teach us to count, and they teach us what counts in life. Teachers touch millions of young lives every day with their dedication, passion, and generosity.
A Cup of Comfort for Teachers offers parents, students, and anyone with a treasured mentor a way to repay our devoted educators. The spectacular success of A Cup of Comfort for Mothers & Daughters on Mother¿s Day and A Cup of Comfort for Christmas during the holidays exemplifies the power of this special brand to provide the perfect "thank you" to the people who deserve it most.
A Cup of Comfort for Teachers is the ideal reward for teachers, featuring such remarkable stories as:
- When a classroom computer goes missing, a disheartened inner-city teacher gets an unexpected gift¿and boost¿from her students
- A sign language interpreter and music tutor helps a determined deaf woman pass a college piano course and play her first song¿solo!
- A dedicated and successful teacher meets her greatest challenge: Her own son refuses to learn to read
- Ordinary "show and tell" unexpectedly teaches a new kindergarten teacher a valuable lesson about education
- A teacher coaxes an illiterate thirteen-year-old street urchin in Africa into an adult-education classroom, opening the door to a better future
Every teacher needs a lift from time to time and a token of recognition for the powerful positive influence they have on their students. A Cup of Comfort for Teachers is the perfect gift for these dedicated professionals.