The most current screening, prevention, and management guidelines for more than sixty common outpatient conditions
Every topic updated!
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW! (of a previous edition)
"The audience includes everyone who cares for patients, be they primary care clinicians, students, or residents in training. The editors, well known academic clinicians, have done a wonderful job....This is a valuable addition to every primary care clinician's personal library at a very reasonable price."--Doody's Review Service
This handy, pocket-sized guide draws information from many sources and presents them in an easy-to-use, comprehensive package for use by any primary care clinician. It offers quick-access to the latest guidelines for the most appropriate preventive services, screening methods, and treatment approaches commonly encountered in the outpatient setting.
- Drawn from the most reliable sources: government agencies, medical and scientific organizations, and expert panels
- Easy-to-follow guideline-based algorithms speed clinical decision making
- Spans all areas of general outpatient medicine
- Convenient, carry-anywhere size puts today’s best practices in your pocket
- Website addresses for U.S. government agencies and professional organizations
- Updated immunization schedules for all age groups
- New evidence and references
- More than fifty new topics
- Essential for residents and practicing physicians in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and obstetrics and gynecology; medical and nursing students; registered nurses; nurse practitioners; and physician assistants