Restore your Windows 7 PC to peak performance—without spending a lot of money!
Degunking Windows 7 is the fast, affordable way to keep your computer running quickly and efficiently. Over time, Windows PCs can become slow because of the accumulation of unneeded and unwanted programs, files, errors, and other “gunk.” This book shows you how to take the necessary steps to clean up your Windows PC and restore the speed, responsiveness, reliability, and error-free operation that it had when it was brand new. The proven Degunking 12-Step Program teaches you how to organize your hard disk, load and run only the programs and processes that matter, and clear out the cobwebs hiding in the corners so your computer runs the best it possibly can.
After your PC is cleaned and optimized, you’ll learn to manage the desktop, organize data in folders, keep email free of spam and harmful programs, create useful and reliable backups, and maintain a good security system for the long term. Unhelpful error messages are explained, and you’ll find out how to resolve them. Good maintenance and management practices for media files are detailed, as well as methods for making sure devices are always synchronized and up-to-date. This book puts the practical information the expert PC technicians know directly into your hands!
Degunking Windows 7
- Walks you through a “12-Step Program” to degunk your PC, then teaches you how to keep your PC clean, organized, and running well
- Helps stop processes and programs from running in the background that hog system resources
- Rids the computer of unnecessary data, programs, email, media, trial software, and temporary files that can make the computer hard to manage
- Improves the speed of start-up, file opening, and Internet browsing
- Keeps your computer free of adware, spyware, viruses, and unwanted pop-ups, instant messaging software, cookies, and more
Why is My Computer Gunked Up?; The Degunking 12-Step Program; Remove Unwanted Data and Programs; Organize Your File System; Clean Up Your Desktop, Start Menu, and Taskbar; Optimize Your Hard Drive; Clean Up and Secure Your Web Browser; Clean Up Your Email; Secure Your Computer; Clean Up Your Network; Fix Problems with Media; Optimize Syncing; Resolve Error Messages; Create a Backup System; The Best Hardware Degunking; Perform a Clean Install of Windows 7; What to Do When You Purchase a New PC