Developing Quality Technical Information: A Handbook for Writers and Editors
Publication date: April 2004
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version. The #1 guide to excellence in documentation—now completely updated! A systematic, proven approach to creating great documentation
- Thoroughly revised and updated
- More practical examples
- More coverage of topic-based information, search, and internationalization
Direct from IBM's own documentation experts, this is the definitive guide to developing outstanding technical documentation—for the Web and for print. Using extensive before-and-after examples, illustrations, and checklists, the authors show exactly how to create documentation that's easy to find, understand, and use. This edition includes extensive new coverage of topic-based information, simplifying search and retrievability, internationalization, visual effectiveness, and much more.
- Focusing on the tasks and topics users care about most
- Saying more with fewer words
- Using organization and other means to deliver faster access to information
- Presenting information in more visually inviting ways
- Improving the effectiveness of your review process
- Learning from example: sample text, screen captures, illustrations, tables, and much more
Whether you're a writer, editor, designer, or reviewer, if you want to create great documentation, this book shows you how!