Digital Portrait Photography For Dummies
Publication date: October 2009
Digital Book format: PDF (Adobe DRM)
A full-color guide to the art of digital portrait photography
Portrait photography entails taking posed photographs of individuals or set scenery and is the most common photo style among the most novice photography hobbyist to the most advanced photographer. With this easy-to-understand guide, bestselling author and professional photographer Doug Sahlin walks you through the best techniques for getting professional-quality digital portraits.
Packed with hundreds of full-color photos and screen shots, this book discusses best practices for taking formal portraits, wedding photos, event photos, casual photos, and more. You'll examine the difference between using the built-in flash and natural lighting and take a look at the benefits of upgrading to a photo lighting kit and pro backdrop.
- Portrait photography is the most popular style of photography
- Features helpful information for everyone from beginner hobbyists to advanced photographers
- Shares insider tips for selecting equipment and choosing from the various tools for portrait photography
- Walks you through working with a wide range of subjects, including children, pets, and wildlife
- Discusses lighting and editing images
- Takes a look at ways to create a portrait that is suitable for framing
Make sure your subjects are ready for their close ups with this fun and friendly guide to digital portrait photography.