Discover the easy path to taking brilliant and memorable photos
The popularity of DSLR cameras remains on the rise, yet these digital cameras still present a challenge to novice photographers who lack a foundation in photography skills. This straightforward-but-friendly guide walks you through the 100 most common photos that amateur photographers like to include in their personal portfolios and offers specific advice on getting the correct exposure settings, composition, and lighting while sparing you the technical jargon. Seasoned author and photographer Doug Sahlin includes more than 300 full-color photos on everything from family portraits and pets to nature and sporting events, all aimed at providing you with inspiration as you work to find your own individual style.
- Skips the technical jargon and shows you where to start for optimal exposure settings.
- Offers shortcuts, tips, and advice for setting the camera to make specific shots and making impromptu adjustments when needed
- Includes more than 300 full-color photos of people, nature, sports, events, and places that serve as example and inspiration
- Helps you get the best photographs from your DSLR while you work with movement in action photos, finicky lighting with fireworks or amusement parks at night, or distance, blur, and intricate details
- Walks you through troubleshooting the most common digital photography problems
Digital SLR Settings & Shortcuts For Dummies delivers the starting point for getting the necessary settings so you can get great digital photos.