Do your drawings look more like one-dimensional cartoon characters than real animals? With this step-by-step guide, you'll be creating realistic drawings of your pets and other animals in no time!
The secret is seeing and drawing animals as simple shapes that fit together like a puzzle. Next, you create a convincing sense of dimension with shading. It's that easy!
Moving on to the details, Hammond shows you how to accurately draw:
Illustrated demonstrations guide your every step. And best of all, you'll see the difference in your drawings right away!
- Different kinds of eyes and noses
- Various types of hair and furfrom squirrel's tail to a lion's mane
- Animal texturesincluding the wrinkles of an elephant's skin, scales on a fish and the muscular build of a horse
- The intricate patterns on fogs, zebras, birds and other animals
- Backgroundsincluding how to use contrast close up and how to make distant things look soft and far away.