Everything pharmacists need to know about drug information management
Drug Information: A Guide for Pharmacists, Fourth Edition teaches students and professionals how to research, interpret, evaluate, collate, and disseminate drug information in the most effective and efficient manner possible. Updated throughout, the book also addresses other important issues such as the legal and ethical considerations of providing information, how to respond to requests for information, and how to determine what information should be made available.
Drug Information: A Guide for Pharmacists, Fourth Edition covers essential topics such as:
- Formulating effective responses and recommendations for information
- Evaluation of drug literature
- The application of statistical analysis in the biomedical sciences
- Drug evaluation monographs
- Adverse drug reactions
- Medication and patient safety
- Investigational drugs
New to this edition:
Twenty-two appendices include: Drug Consultation Request Form,Performing a PubMed® Search, Questions for Assessing Clinical Trials, andQuestions to Consider for Critique of Primary Literature.
- Five new chapters: “Policy Development, Project Design, and Implementation,” “Drug Information in Ambulatory Care,” “Drug Information and Contemporary Community Pharmacy Practice,” “Drug Information Education and Training,” and “Pharmaceutical Industry and Regulatory Affairs: Opportunities for Drug Information Specialists”
- Key Concepts have been added to the beginning of each chapter and are identified with icons in the chapter text
- Case Studies and multiple-choice questions have been added to most chapters