Are you a solo web designer or part of a small team itching to build interesting projects with Drupal? This hands-on book provides the tools and techniques to get you going. Award-winning designer Dani Nordin guides you through site planning, teaches you how to create solid, user-centered design for the Drupal framework, and shows you tricks for using real, honest-to-goodness, developer Ninja Magick.
This book is a compilation of three short guides—Planning Drupal Projects, Design and Prototyping for Drupal, and Drupal Development Tricks for Designers—plus exclusive "director’s material." If you’re familiar with HTML and CSS, but struggling with Drupal’s learning curve, this is the book you’ve been looking for.
- Get extra material, including an expanded Grids chapter, more recommended modules, and a Short Form Project plan
- Learn how to work user-centered design practices into Drupal projects
- Choose the right modules for your project, and discover several go-to modules
- Use strategies for sketching, wireframing, and designing effective layouts
- Manage Drupal’s markup, including code generated by the powerful Views module
- Learn how to work with Drupal on the command line
- Set up your development environment and collaborate with other designers and developers
- Learn the basics of Git, the free open source version control system