The papers in this collection address the issues, intricacies, and challenges relating to energy and environmental science. The book covers various technological aspects of sustainable energy ecosystems, processes that improve energy efficiency, reduce CO2 and other greenhouse emissions. It also addresses the need for sustainable technologies in extractive metallurgy, materials processing, and manufacturing industries with reduced energy consumption and CO2 emission. Industrial energy efficient technologies include innovative ore beneficiation, smelting technologies, recycling and waste heat recovery. The collection also includes contributions from areas of non-nuclear and non-traditional energy sources, including renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, and biomass.
Topics include the following areas:
- CO2 and Other Greenhouse Gas Reduction Metallurgy
- Renewable Energy Resources for Metals and Materials Production
- Photo-electrochemical Reduction of CO2
- Waste Heat Recovery and Other Industrial Energy Efficient Technologies
- Energy Education and Energy Regulation
- Carbon Footprint and Life Cycle Analysis