Professional Responsibility: Examples & Explanations, is structured around concepts, so it doesn't feel like a march through the Model Rules of Professional Conduct. The introductory discussion breaks the substantive analysis into manageable steps. The examples and explanations tackle issues that gradually become more intricate and challenging. Most are drawn from actual cases, so they represent the types of problems that students are likely to encounter in practice.
An appropriate ancillary for Professional Responsibility and a host of other courses that incorporate issues of professional conduct, the Third Edition has been thoroughly revised to enhance clarity and expand its coverage of important topics such as conflicts of interest, attorney-client privilege, and malpractice.
Written in an accessible, conversational style, Professional Responsibility features:
- thorough coverage of the law that governs lawyers
- a broad scope of topics that includes agency, fiduciary duty, tort, contract, constitutional, and corporate and securities law
- a student-friendly conceptual framework that presents the rules and applicable law in context
- examples drawn from actual cases
- a level of difficulty that progresses gradually from simple to more complex
- a balanced approach to controversial issues
Freshly revised to enhance clarity and expand coverage, the Third Edition presents:
- updated cases and problems in important areas such as conflicts of interest, attorney-client privilege, and malpractice
- many new and updated examples and explanations