A full-color, visual guide to using Facebook—written by a senior, for seniors.
Facebook for Seniors QuickSteps provides hands-on guidance to seniors who want to enjoy the social interaction offered by the world’s most popular social network. The book addresses seniors in a voice that is their own—written by a senior talking to other seniors about how take advantage of the full spectrum of Facebook apps and tools without mistakenly sharing the wrong data with the wrong people. Color screenshots with explanations show exactly what you’ll see on your computer screen while you’re doing a task.
The unique, oblong layout of the QuickSteps series mimics your computer screen, displays graphics and explanations side by side, and lays flat so you can easily refer to the book while working on your computer.
Facebook for Seniors QuickSteps
- Full-color with larger type and new design features
- Notes called “Senior Moments” point out common computer foibles or suggest activities of special interest
- “Quick Quotes” share personal experiences and advice from other seniors
- Approaches specific tasks with sets of examples you can duplicate easily: for example, “To create a photo album on Facebook…” or “To search for a long-lost friend on Facebook….”
- Step-by-step instructions on signing up for Facebook, choosing privacy settings, posting, friending, sending and receiving messages, sharing photos and video
- Covers the newest core features, such as the Messages and Credits services
- Reveals “gotchas” to watch out for to avoid sharing data with unwanted third parties
- Explains how to use apps such as games