Facebook is the wildly popular, free social networking site that combines the best of blogs, online forums and groups, photosharing, clever applications, and interaction among friends. The one thing it doesn't have is a users guide to help you truly take advantage of it. Until now. Facebook: The Missing Manual gives you a very objective and entertaining look at everything this fascinating Facebook phenomenon has to offer.
Teeming with high-quality color graphics, each page in this guide is uniquely designed to help you with specific Facebook tasks, such as signing up, networking, shopping, joining groups, finding or filling a job, and a whole lot more. You'll discover how to create your page and make connections with other members in no time -- everybody who went to your school, for example, or those who work at your company or play on your soccer team. Bingo: instant access to the personal and professional details of all the folks you're connected with, the folks they're connected with, and so on, and so on.
With Facebook: The Missing Manual, you learn to:
Think of Facebook as a 30-million-plus-entry searchable Rolodex on steroids! With help from this Missing Manual, you'll quickly get in the swim of the Facebook experience -- without getting in over your head.
- Join a network, whether it's in your area, or work-related, or based on other interests
- Look up old friends, find new ones, and decide who you'd like to keep track of
- Contact members by poking them, writing on their walls, and sending them gifts
- Get automatic updates from Facebook friends and send updates to them
- Participate in groups of particular interest and hook up with members face-to-face
- Buy and sell using Facebook's uniquely targeted marketplace and classified ads
- Find a job or hire employees by combing through Facebook's member pool
- Use Facebook as a collaboration tool to keep team members, co-workers, clients, and projects up to date
- Play it safe by using a multi-pronged approach to ensuring your privacy