Nurses who are new to the labor and delivery (L&D) environment will welcome this succinct, easy-to-use orientation guide for everyday labor and birth management practices. It is designed for speedy access to fundamental information about the most common practices in the L&D unit and encourages the development of independence and confidence for new RNs orienting to this practice environment.
This well-formatted reference covers the more commonly occurring L&D situations, terminology, equipment, labs, medications, complications, and algorithms to help foster critical thinking and establish a concrete obstetric knowledge base. A wealth of clearly rendered illustrations are included to aid learning. The book also provides space for nurses to enter personal notes and protocol observed in their particular hospital. Key Features:
- Provides an easy-access reference to everyday labor and birth management practices
- Includes common obstetrical abbreviations, terminology, equipment needed, labs, and algorithms
- Highlights potential complications in red to indicate emergent topic
- Integrates multiple illustrations to enhance learning
- Answers basic questions so new nurses can pursue higher-level learning