Your essential guide to FERTILITY options and reproductive HEALTH
If you are trying to start a family but are having trouble conceiving, you are not alone. Today, millions are affected by infertility issues. Fertility Demystified explores many common causes of infertility and outlines the latest treatments, guiding you toward successful conception.
Written by a board-certified obstetrician and gynecologist, Fertility Demystified begins with an overview of the different fertility concerns for men and women along with a discussion of the possible reasons for early pregnancy loss. You'll find methods for increasing the chances of becoming pregnant--both naturally and through fertility drug therapy--and explanations of the various assisted-reproduction technologies. Also, the complex emotional issues and ethical considerations in the decision-making process are carefully explored.
This easy-to-understand guide offers:
- Explanations of health and lifestyle concerns for both men and women
- Tips for finding a fertility specialist
- Natural ways to monitor and improve your own fertility
- An overview of various fertility medications and their risks
- Emerging technologies not yet available in the United States
- Alternatives for the infertile couple--including surrogacy and adoption
Straightforward and accessible, Fertility Demystified helps you make informed decisions about your fertility options.