"Apple's Final Cut Express offers all the capabilities you need to produce first-rate digital videos. Inside this full-color guide, acclaimed authors Jason Cranford Teague and David Teague show you how to put these features to work and edit your digital videos like a pro.
Final Cut Express Solutions focuses on the tasks that film editors face daily. Designed for budding filmmakers and DV veterans, it's filled with practical lessons and insights on how to craft polished productions while balancing time and money constraints. Get tips on everything from how to shoot your video footage for optimal results, to outputting your finished video to DVD and the Web. You can even follow along with the authors' clips provided on the DVD, or use your own footage.
Centered upon a sample video documentary project, this book thoroughly leads you through each step of the way, including:
- Organizing your project using the Timeline
- Editing with multiple tracks
- Trimming clips: ripple, roll, slip, and slide edits
- Creating transitions and overlays
- Adding effects, applying filters, and working with text
- Jazzing it up with audio transitions
- Delivering your finished product to the Web, videotape, or DVD
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file. "